Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Already?





We set up the little bouncer thingy for Meg today. Can she really be old enough to go in it already???? Granted she can't push the buttons yet, but she really seems to like it. Man. I just am in big time denial that my baby is growing up so much.
Meg's at the stage where she tries to put everything in her mouth. I really like each stage that my kiddos go through, but you forget each one too. I know that doesn't make sense, but I guess what I'm saying is, I forget how fun it is to watch them change. I love watching her try to make sense of her hands. She will just stare at them. If she really wants to grab something it takes FOREVER. She really concentrates. She's getting there though. If by chance she does grab something, straight to the mouth it goes. She is so quick at realizing that her hand has brushed against something (by accident) and hurrying and grabbing it. Dinner time is fun. She has time to stare at the plate in front of her and get the grip she wants on either mine or Bo's plate. We are rusty at remembering that babies tend to grab things. We're getting better at scooting our plates away. It makes for some entertainment at the table though.
She hasn't rolled over yet. She really doesn't have much motivation for it. Carter didn't ever really either. She LOVES her rattle though. It cracks us up. We bought the rattle back before Carter, and he didn't give it a second look. Megan? Oh she will calm right down for it. It's AWESOME! She'll be crying, but once the rattle comes into view, oh she's a whole different baby. That rattle saved my skin on the trip last week. It put her right to sleep. She also loves to try and eat it. It's her favorite toy to gnaw on.
It's interesting how different she is from Carter. I'll probably say that about all my children. She still hates, hates, hates, HATES, the pacifier. She loves her rattle. She smiles way more frequently than Carter. She isn't sleeping all through the night, but 6:30 isn't as bad as 2 was. Oh , and the best way to get her to laugh is to simply laugh. If you start laughing, she'll join in. No need for a reason, unless she thinks everyone looks super funny when laughing. We'll take it! WE LOVE THIS LITTLE GIRL! Carter especially enjoys her!

6 comments:

Robin Conner said...

So cute. I can't believe she is already in that toy too! They do grow too fast! It's so funny how one baby hates something and the other one loves it! They are all sooooo different. But it keeps you guessing and entertained. And then when they are older, each one has to be disciplined differently too, something that works for one, doesn't work on the other. tons of fun! :) Your hair is way cute! The perm was really good! Not too curly, it looks really good!

Jordon and Terra said...

Tell her to stop growing up until we can see her! :) Sounds like she is a lot of fun! Those pictures are so cute! And I love your hair by the way! It is SO cute!

Samantha said...

Seriously, other people's kids grow so fast! And I love your hair. It turned out great.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Can't you believe it? She is growing so fast! Both of them. She is so cute. I'm with you. I forget how cute they are until I have a new baby haha. so cute!
I love you hair. I think your new haircut looks awsome.

Brooke said...

I want to squeeze Megan. She is adorable!

Donnie and Laura said...

Awww. She is growing so quickly. That was cute to read. It's weird to think I knew her when she was in your belly still and now she's out and growing up so fast!!!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus