Friday, August 8, 2008

Tropical Storm Edouard

So yeah, Tropical Storm Eduoard had the potential to be a hurricane and it was headed straight here. My sister in law's parents live in Sugarland, which is a little southwest of Houston, invited us to go up there and stick it out. At first we weren't going to leave the island, like Stephanie, I thought it would be kinda fun to see, but then they started talking about possible flooding and power outages. You see, we live on the 3rd floor, so we weren't too worried about that, but it's the power outages that convinced us to leave. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and there was NO WAY I was going to go with air conditioning!!
So off we went on Monday night. We spent the night up in Sugarland, and then the next morning, when realized that the storm was total weak sauce, we went shopping at an outlet mall. That to me made the trip totally worth it right there.
So the storm was lame, nothing to worry about, but luckily the area got some much needed rain and I got to go spend some fun time up in Houston. Not that bad I'd say!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Cassidy I am so relieved. Seriously, I have been thinking about you so much lately because I always see your little town on the forecast map with little hurricane's going through it. Sorry it was anticlimatic but I am so glad you are okay.

CAMI said...

Wow potentially scary! Um do you know what kind of bows you would like? you can check my myspace pictures to get some ideas:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=102424899&albumId=1642774
If this link dosen't work let me know- you can go to my bow blog-although its not that helpful yet- Im working on that!
Also have you finished Breaking dawn yet?

Unknown said...

The shopping would be worth the LAME storm!

Robin Conner said...

Cassidy, I can't believe you are this close to having that baby! Are you all prepared and ready for your new addition? I want to see some last prego pics before you deliver! So I hope you post some 9 month prego shots for all to see! Since your little basketball belly will be gone once you pop out # 2! I'm glad the storm wasn't that bad.

Unknown said...

It's ok Bo, I would have given up on myself too. It is a lot...

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus