Thursday, August 21, 2008

Get out, get out, GET OUT!

These last few days I have started to get some really REALLY bad stomach aches. They feel a lot like hunger pains, you know the ones that make you feel like you are starving and you need to eat soon. Or maybe no one gets those, although I doubt it. Now let me just say that I have been eating great. I eat a good breakfast, lunch, and dinner, not to mention the bazillion snacks with Carter throughout the day. What I don't get then, is whey do I have these pains?
I'm waking up at 3 in the morning hurting so bad. Last night I got up and came out into the kitchen and made myself a peanut butter sandwich (Serena) and a chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast drink. It was hard forcing myself to eat at 3 in the a.m. but what else was I supposed to do?
Today I took a ton of snacks with me as I went and ran some errands. I took a PBandJ sandwich, chips, frosted mini wheats, water, and a few other things. I snacked the whole way there, and STILL I got the bad stomach ache. What the heck? I'm starting to think that they might not be from being hungry, but maybe something to do with this little girl growing inside of me. Maybe some sort of contraction/labor/braxton hick/whatever pain???
So I'm reaching out to you, friends, for help. What is going on? Yes, they hurt like crazy. They often go away after a few minutes and then come back a little later--which makes me thing contractions, because what stomach aches go away and come back every once in awhile? No, they don't feel like the uterus. They feel like my stomach. They feel like they are deep in me. Make sense?
Bo suggested heartburn, but I'm taking Pepcid, and feel better than I have in months in that sense. I just don't know. People say you know when it's contractions. Well people, I never could tell with Carter, so I guess I'm an exception to the rule (my water broke with him and then the back labor was so bad we had to watch the monitor to tell when contractions came because all I could feel was the pain in my back). So it could be, but I've never heard anyone complain of stomach ache like pains. So that's why I'm clueless.
All I have to say is that I'm 20 days from my due date. I've served my time. If it's the baby giving me the pains, which I'm 99% sure of, then the green light is on girl, you can get out now.

7 comments:

Emily Rasmussen said...

I have heart burn and for some reason my knee jerk reaction is to eat when I get it really bad....if it were contractions I would guess your tummy would feel extra tight when you have pains? When your uterus has pushed your tummy out of its place I could see how you could feel like it was your tummy. With Angeli I got them every time I picked up Bridger. When with Bridger I had no idea I ever felt them. Maybe Gas? Good luck!

Korbi said...

Gall Bladder, same thing happens with me and it's my gall bladder....

Anonymous said...

It could be an ulcer. Make sure you have it checked out if it persists after the baby is born.

Unknown said...

You tell her. She's being evicted. That's the only solution to the pain I think.

Just keep reminding yourself than you used to tell me, "pregnancy is so beautiful!"

Robin Conner said...

I don't have any suggestions! Looks like you have enough! :) Just "endure to the end!" And then you'll have your body back and you can bend over again! Yeah!!! Your pics were great! I'm soooo glad you posted your prego pic! You are adorable, and you make people like me sick to see your little stick legs sticking out of that prego belly, which will no doubt dissapear the second your little girl makes her entrance! You look great, hang in there, it will all be a memory soon! I miss seeing ya! :)

cherie said...

If it's gas try getting on your knees and stretching out your arms on the ground in front of you. It's a yoga stretch that can help move these things along. I'm pretty sure you can do that with your big belly:) Good luck with that. That really sucks. I hate waking up in the night with pain. Nothing makes me grumpier.

Samantha said...

Cherie I love your comment because that is the classic Merrell move! I don't have any suggestions Cassidy, except maybe call and ask a nurse. Hope you feel better!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus