Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Space Center!!!

My brother, Whitney, with Carter and me.
So my brother Whitney came to Houston this past weekend for his wife's HS 10 year reunion. We went up to Sugarland on Friday night to celebrate his birthday--a month late--and then on Saturday we met him and all of Bridget, his wife's, family at NASA. My cousin Jackie and her husband and son joined us too.

It was a fun birthday party for Whit on Friday, but to be honest, the space center on Saturday was not one of my most favorite days ever. It was fun hanging out with my family but the Space Center was sooooo crowded that it just was not fun at all. Not to mention that some of the employees were rude. The lines for some of the the things were ridiculously long, and being so pregnant and having no where to sit just wasn't cool.

We waited for 40 min.--outside in the heat mind you-- for one ride, a tram, that took us to mission control, and after getting off the tram and viewing the place, we went back to our seats on the tram only to find that somebody else had taken them. Yeah. Of all the seats taken, of course it would be ours. The tram was full, but luckily we were able to convince one of the workers to let us sit back by him in the last row that wasn't actually for the visitors. It was just a way long day and we were exhausted.

Still, I'd do it again for my brother, 'cause Whit, you ROCK!
My cute family underneath a"shuttle" at the Space Center. You could go up into this half of it sticking out of the wall and see what a shuttle looks like from the inside.
Carter and Brigham, Jackie's son, in front of one of the attractions. I would have loved to take Carter in there if there were room. It was packed with kids.
Some of the gang. Bridget is doing her Spock hello.
Astronaut Ice Cream. LOVE IT!! It's freeze dried ice cream and it's yummy.

Carter and Bo inside the shuttle thing. Behind them is where the astronauts would fly the craft. THere are so many controls! Crazy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend! I miss you now...

Brooke said...

We loved the space center. We liked going when it wasn't busy, much more fun (especially the toy area for the kids to play on). Now how to find that non busy time, I don't know. Glad it was fun anyway.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus