Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Furniture!!!!!!


So Bo and I have been married 4 and a half years, and have not once owned a real couch. We lived in furnished housing at BYU and Alaska, and then when we moved to Texas we inherited Whitney's loveseat, futon, and green leather chair.

Now I'm not dissing free furniture. It's the best. But the futon was getting a little uncomfortable, especially with this pregnancy. Bo bruised his tailbone awhile back, so sitting on it isn't comfortable to him either. And hello, we've been married for so long, it's about time we get our own furniture! For Mother's day Bo's present to me was a rocker/recliner. He didn't actually give me one though because he wanted me to pick it out. Well with a recliner, that meant we didn't need the green chair. The green chair is way comfy, but it doesn't rock. With this baby I want a rocker.

Anyways, we've been looking around for quite awhile at furniture, and this past weekend we finally got some!!! I'm soooooo excited. We've been saving up for this and oh man was it worth it. We got the new couch and loveseat yesterday, and the recliner/rocker comes next week. The chair is a brown leather and is so comfortable. We love our new furniture!

My sister Libby is here visiting and conveniently enough she has a degree in interior design, something I completely lack skills in. She rearranged our apartment for us, and it looks great. So life is fabulous. New furniture, new layout, and we even went and got a new rug today, which you can see in the picture. Now I just need new pillows for the couches.

Go team go.

3 comments:

Aika said...

Your furniture is beautiful!!! Isn't so exciting when you make a big new purchase and it totally does a facelift to your house. I love it. They are beautiful!

cherie said...

You Baker's are a good looking bunch!

Unknown said...

CAS! Good choices, I love love love them!COngrats. And a new rug I see? YEAH!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus