Sunday, May 18, 2008

Envious

So my family went on a cruise last week. I guess I shouldn't say my family, because not everyone went, but still. It was my parents, my sister Libby, and my brother Whitney and his wife and son, along with my sis. in law (Bridget)'s parents and little sister. Yeah.
They left on Sunday of last week and got back yesterday. I really really REALLY wanted to go, but well it was kind of expensive, and Bo didn't want to go. He thinks there's no point in flying somewhere to take a cruise (they left out of NYC) when we can take one here in Galveston. There was no way I was going to go with Carter by myself. It wasn't till the tickets were way too expensive that my parents suggested that they would help watch Carter. AHH!
So they all went. Without me. And from their stories and pictures, it looks like they had a great time. Someday I'll go. That's what Bo says. Problem is, it'll be like in 20 years. Kinda depressing. Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is off doing something super fun and I'm missing out on it all.
Oh yeah, I also had to drop off and pick up my friends from a cruise that they went on here last week too. See why I say I feel like everyone around me is doing something?

7 comments:

pixiestylist said...

cass, you are not the only one! i totally feel that way too! (this is becky [jorden/tiff/capri's roommate] btw) well. all i have to say is i'm there with you. doing nothing :)

Aika said...

awww... I'm so sorry... Cruises are overated... Well, they're kind of fun, but I'm just saying that to make you feel better. You definitely want to go on one without kids, or when the kids get bigger, for sure.

Unknown said...

Tell me about it! I didn't even get a real honeymoon. Seth and Larkie went to hawaii, celeste and blake went on a curise. I went to midway. It was fun, but I get jealous.

Let's take a cruise!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

David and I are totally taking a cruise next summer, for our graduating party, without Cambree!!! I think we want to go out of galveston, we will stop by and see you! We won't make you pick us up or drop you off, and we won't even mention where we are going or anything like that, it will just be like we came to visit you, how does that sound!!! HAHAHA!! I am feeling that same way now that it is summer time, i am stuck here in rexburg without my family! We miss washington already!

Serena said...

I hear ya. Doug says we're going to live in Galveston for 4 years and never go on a cruise. But we're already trying to find a way to convince our parents or siblings to watch our kids when Doug graduates from med school so we can actually go on vacation some where! (maybe we'll take that cruise...or hey, Hawaii sounds good) =)

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Question? Are all of Bo's sister's getting married this summer?

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Cassedy don't worry. I know things dosen't look easy right now. But you all will find the right time to go. And I promses it will not be in 20 years. I heard that 4 year it's just vacations. He is already in his second year. Thrid will fly and in a blink you'll be in his 4th year of school. By then your kids will be older so you won't feel bad leaving them with somebody else:). And you'll have your second honeymoon.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus