Friday, May 2, 2008

Freckles and a "tan"

So I'm starting to notice a few freckles on Carters cheeks and nose. Not a lot, but some. Now while I do think a few freckles are cute, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's all he'll get. . . a FEW. We do not want him to end up like me people. I was so happy when Carter was born because he had dark hair, and because of the dark hair, I've always been so sure he'll end up being like Bo. Bo was blonde as a kid too. With these freckles I'm all out of whack!! Please don't let him be called freckle face!!! The only thing keeping me sane is that Bo has a few too, so maybe there's still hope that they will stay only minimal and he can end up cute like his dad. Keep your fingers crossed!

On the bright side. . . I'm getting a tan!!! Well lets be honest, a tan for me really isn't a tan for most. You can probably put my leg up to anyones and mine will still be the whiter leg, but compared to my stomach it's darker!! The biggest highlight is my sandal tan. My feet are the only spot on me that really actually does get a full fledged tan that people can actually notice. Random, I know. I have a sandal tan already, so my self esteem has boosted so much!

I have attached a picture of my "tan" along with pictures of my attempts to catch Carter's freckles on the camera. Yes, I know, you really can't see the freckles in the pictures, but trust me, they're there.

I was trying to get Carter to let me take a picture of his nose, and this is the face he would give me. haha.


Is it gross I put up a picture of my foot? I'm just so proud. Really, for someone who can't tan, this is a big deal! And no comments please on how it's not that big of a tan, because it is!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job babe! I'm excited to come down and get a tan with ya!

And don't worry, just put Carater next to Brigham and no one will call him freckle face because they will be so distracted. I'm sure Brigham will be COVERED if I ever let his little body near the sun.

Unknown said...

Shoot! I worked with Jane Carter, and I always spelled her name Carater. It's this Sarager silent A. It's really messed me up!

Stephanie said...

Cool...I have always wanted a sandal tan! I've tried so hard...but it never works for me. Jealous :)

Samantha said...

Cass- you get get your blog in book form at blurb.com.

And listen- You were and are adorable with your freckles and Carter would be lucky to get those genes of yours!

Cassidy said...

Thanks Sam!

Emily Rasmussen said...

That is one HOT tan!!! :O)

Aika said...

That is too funny. I love the picture of your foot. I should take a picture of mine. Yours is cute, mine looks like a dirty foot. Not cute... :)

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus