Sunday, March 30, 2008

Babysitting


So this past week I have been babysitting. As mentioned in the previous post, my sister-in-law Bridget came to visit with her son, Eli. She left to go spend some time with her mom in Houston, and then this past week from Sunday to Saturday she and my brother Whitney went to Peru to do some sightseeing, and her mom and I split up the time watching Eli. I had him from Tuesday to Friday.

My mom flew into town late Tuesday night to help too. It's been really fun, but busy and tiring. I've had no time for my naps, much less time to blog. Sorry to all those who faithfully check my blog.

Eli was a good baby, but between him and Carter, well man... it was busy. Eli was a little sick Wednesday, and then Carter wasn't feeling well Thursday. By Friday Carter was getting really sick of Eli. He was super emotional from being sick the day before and hence very territorial. He would even get upset if I tried feeding Eli a bottle. If there is one thing I cannot handle, it's whiney kids, and Carter was B A D !!!

Eli left Friday afternoon, and my mom is still in town hanging out. She'll be here till Wednesday. She might extend her ticket, but we haven't decided for sure on that yet. My mom has been a little sick with a headache, so we haven't been able to do much yet, but we have high hopes. Last night we went out to eat at this seafood place in town. It was really good.

For some reason I have been craving crab legs and lobster lately. WHY?? Now I know I can't have much pregnant, but seeing as this will be a one time thing, last night I spoiled myself and got snow crab. Mmmm mmm. I have tons leftover because it takes awhile to open those suckers up, so I get to have more today.

So that is what I've been up to. Carter hasn't been sleeping good the past few days either, which means I'm past exhaustion with no naps and not good night sleep. On the bright side, Carter went to the Dr.'s on Wednesday and they said his hand was good enough to take the brace off. YAY! They said it's not completely healed, but that it was healing and past the point of permanent damage, so the lucky kid can take off the brace. It was great news, especially since Carter had just learned how to take his brace off and WOULD NOT keep it on those last two days.

Oh yeah, and apparently his blood work came back from having it taken a couple of weeks ago, and he's anemic, and mine came back from an appoinment earlier this week and my thyroid is acting up some more (I have Hypothyroidism). Go team.

So that's it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

BUSY BUSY! It sounds like fun. Hopefully Carter is ok with the next baby!

It's fun to see what Ya'll are doing.

Lincoln got really jealous when he saw that Bo and Carter went camping.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

wow you have been busy!! Eli is so cute, and looks a lot like a baker!!!

Cambree is anemic too, and we have to give her this medicine that she hates. we are suppose to dilute it in water or juice, and it seriously takes her ALL DAY to drink it, it is a nightmare. And I keep forgetting to give it to her. I wasn't surprised she was though since I am too, and so is my mom. oh well!

hope everyone is feeling better and you can get your naps in!

Anonymous said...

¡Què bello hijo tienen! Yo tengo un bebè de recièn 5 meses y medio. Mi esposo y yo nos demoramos alrededor de 4 años en tener este bebè, pero ahora es nuestra mayore felicidad, asi que comprendo loq eud eben estar viviendo en estos momentos...
Bendiciones desde Chile
Familia Monardes (Lalo, Ingrid y Alonso

Aika said...

Oh no... sorry about all the medical problems. Wish I was there, so I could help babysit Carter and that you could get some rest. Poor thing... Anyways, congrats on his arm. Hopefully he doesn't hurt it again. I don't think I mentioned it before, but I love your new blog design, too cute!

ashleyboice said...

man...I am always craving crab legs and lobster...seriously...like everyday.

Korbi said...

So what entails being Anemic? You poor thing! Maybe babysitting that other little guy will show Carter what it will be like soon! Argh! Not looking forward to my first little baby's position in the family being stolen away from him, but excited about having a newborn!

CAMI said...

I luv the new Layout- were did you get it? See you are crafty and good at making things look good!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus