Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Savings Time?? WHAT?!!

So I had ward council this morning. We have church at 9, so ward council is at 7:30. I got up at 6:30, got all cute, even had the spiritual thought planned for it, when Bo wakes up and comes out to where I'm getting ready to take off and says, "hey, I think it might be day light savings." WHAT?!! No Way!!
I totally missed it. No, I didn't forget, I had no idea!!! No clue. I thought that Day Light Savings would be in April. Isn't it always??? I tell you, this pregnancy has me all messed up. Thank goodness I was already ready. Bo hurried and got ready while I scrambled to get Carter ready, and we were out the door barely in time for church. I had no hope of ward council since it was I guess 8:30 and therefore over. We actually forgot Carter's shoes. The kid went to church shoeless.

I was so proud of myself too. I thought I was finally getting it together. Man! Oh well. With the change in time, Carter should sleep in til 8. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

So on Friday morning I was at Home Depot buying some stuff, and Carter was in the basket helping me press the buttons. Not in the seat part, but the actual basket. He hates the seat, and I let him SIT in the basket. Anyways, he was standing on the far end leaning against the edge (we weren't moving, I was checking out), and I noticed he was trying to sort of sit on it. I could tell he wasn't having any balance and told him to sit down. He didn't listen, so I started toward him, and just in slow motion, he lost his balance and fell backward over the cart and onto the hard CEMENT floor. It was HORRIBLE!!!

I hate it, but when something terrible happens, and I see it about/instantly happening, I freeze. I just do. I wish I could've dived for him, not that I'd have made it, but still. He didn't land smack on his head, more like on the side of his body. His head did hit, but thank goodness it was head on. He was whimpering and crying pretty bad, so I took him over to Target (next door) to sit down and calm him down. I bought him a drink, which is 99% effective in distracting him, but nada. He started scaring me because he was falling asleep. I called the Dr.'s and they told me to go to the ER. I drove and got Bo, then we headed over. He had a big ole bump and it was purple. SO. . . we get to the ER, and Carter starts cheering up and being all "Carter". 3 hours and a couple X-rays later, they say everythings good and send us home. They looked over his body, saw nothing, so we thought things were okay.

The next morning I was combing Carter's hair, his bump practically gone with no evidence of the day before, and I see his hand. It is PURPLE. It's swollen and blue, green, purple, BAD. Bo looked at it, and we figured we'd give a little time. Carter's been using it, and doesn't seem to be in pain. Of course we've also been keeping him on Tylenol and Ibuprofin pretty regular.

Today I looked at it, and it's still bad. Really bad. Again, he's not complaining, so I don't know. I've decided I'm taking him to Urgent Care in the morning to get it looked at. We were going to wait till Tuesday, when he has a Dr.'s appt, but I've decided that since the swelling hasn't gone down and now it's turning red in places, that we should go. Poor kid. I hope he's okay.

Thank goodness his head is okay. I've been having nightmares that I've ruined my kids life. I don't know why I'm spassing out. When I was 4 I fell a whole story onto a cement floor and cracked my skull and everything and I'm sorta okay. No, I know why I'm freaking out, it's because I'm a mom and I love my kid so much.

So there you have it. I let my kid fall out of a cart, okay I didn't let him, but it happened all the same. I feel sooooo terrible. I hope his poor little pudgy hand isn't broken. I'll let you know tomorrow.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

So scary! Brampton hangs out in the basket too and I am always so worried about him falling! I'm glad things are somewhat ok. I hope his hand is ok. Man...I would've freaked out. I do the same thing...I see it happening and want to stop it...but I freeze. I feel like I just sit there and watch it happen while Ev always seems to be the one to jump and save him. So I totally know what you mean! Poor Carter.

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

When my daughter was like 5, she fell roller-skating, under the watch of her Grandma and her daddy. Tyler said her arm looked okay. Well about 3-4 days later it was starting to swell and her wrist had bruising. I took her to the doctor and low and behold, her wrist was broken!! She hadn't even complained much about it hurting!! We felt SOOOO bad. Trust me, it happens to all of us!! Luckily your child is younger and won't remember "the abuse", haha. Hopefully his appointment goes well!!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Oh poor carter! I hope all is well! And I am glad his head is ok too! man I let Cambree stand up in the basket too, she can only handle so long in the seat part, and then when she is in the seat part she isn't sitting in it right anyway! Let us know the outcome, and you still are a good mom! Cambree got a fat lip over the weekend, you do feel bad though!!

Katie said...

You're not the only one who forgot about daylight savings. In fact, your little "get-ready-proud-for-being-cute-AND-on-time-only-to-find-out-you're-an-hour-late" story pretty much sums up my Sunday experience as well. You are so right, daylight saving is ALWAYS in April. I don't know why they're switching things up on me. I had a hard enough time remembering when it was the normal time of year.

P.S.

Katie said...

Hope Carter feels better! (This is the P.S. I forgot to post at the end of my last comment!)

Emily Rasmussen said...

If it makes you feel better I had a Walmart fall that was pretty bad, you are not the only one! :O) And yesterday Bridger almost got hit by a car. I have never screamed like that before it was blood currdeling. I even yelled at the driver who almost hit him. I was so embarrassed immediately after it happened, they are in my ward! ugh! But man I was just in total shock. I cried all the way home. Those little ones sure know how to freak their parents out. Good luck!

CAMI said...

Um soi when Heather was almost two months I was walking into ross and I totally hit the curb and fell hard with her I too had a horrified loud scream- Luckily she was in her car seat- she was crying cuz I scared her by scream bloody murder- but fine! I had bruised up my legs an jitters- and nightmares-it still gets to me when I think what could have happened! Im glad he was ok!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus