Monday, March 10, 2008

Pictures of the Last Week

So my dad came to visit for a few days last week. It was really fun but sad because he was here for only 3 and a half days. We had tons of fun. Monday was spent getting the newest member of my family, our freezer!!! YAY! I love this baby! I'm soooo excited. I've been wanting to get one for awhile now, and my dad was there to help me! Dads are the best. Thanks Dad!

Tuesday was spent going to the livestock show in Houston. It was great. My dad has been wanting to go for a long time, so it was fun taking him. We saw cows, horses, rabbits, turkeys, chickens, pig races, little 4 year olds having sheep races (that was funny!), and so much more including pony rides and the petting zoo. It was a busy day. We got lunch there, and my dad ate gator. Bo and I tried it. It was. . . interesting. I also had the best ice cream cone. Yum. We spent about 6 hours there and then headed off to Costco to get things to fill up my freezer. I'm in heaven!! I LOVE Costco.
Wednesday we spent touring Galveston. We took my dad on a ferry ride and looked at old historic buildings. I was bummed because I wanted him to see the wild dolphins. We got a glimpse of them off in the distance, but that was all. That night Bo took my Dad to the Houston Temple, which was great fun for my dad.

Thursday my dad left at about noon. We were able to hang out some more together and then on the way to the airport we stopped at Cavenders Boot City and bought him some new shoes. It was a great trip. I love my dad and was glad he was able to come. Next week I have my sister in law coming, and then a week after that my Mom. March is going to be fun!


Left : Us at the Pig Races. Carter looks funny.








To the right is Carter watching the cows.

Below is Carter and my Dad in the petting zoo. They had the cutest little baby goats.

Carter had the best time in the Petting Zoo. He kept trying to feed this poor goat sawdust and random grass. It was so funny. The goat just ignored him and kept chewing whatever it was chewing.







7 comments:

Emily Rasmussen said...

That looks so fun! I am so jealous of all your outings! :O)

Kacey Nielsen said...

So i totally missed the baby announcement during my long blog absense so here is a belated but much deserved CONGRATS! How exciting! By the way the rodeo pics are the cutest!

Unknown said...

This is SO cute! How did you get the blog layout?

Cassidy said...

Thanks Kacey for the congrats! Thanks Jackie for thinking my blog is cute! Go to the Blog Design link on my blog, under fun links. She tells you how to do it. I'm so excited to finally have a cute blog!

Korbi said...

same thing happened to me with Beck in the cart at Safeway, except he was strapped in the front seat part (mind you, he is not always strapped in and is constantly standing up in the basket, so this surprise me) but anyways, he wiggled out when I had my back turned and WHAM! hit the floor and it was so awful, but he was fine after I took him to Urgent Care, so I feel your pain. Anyways, cute petting zoo pics, I've always wanted a baby goat, stupid city ordinances.... :)

Samantha said...

Cassidy, i don't know if part of it is your town or if it's all you, but you really look like you live a really fun life.

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Fun pictures!! That's also fun that your dad was able to come down. I love your dad, he reminds me so much of mine!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus