Friday, April 4, 2008

Spur of the Moment


When Bo and I want something, we think about it for awhile, look around, and then finally make a decision. We went to a soccer party a while back and played Rock Band. We loved it so much that we really wanted to get one. Well. . . we have a game cube and they don't make Rock Band for Game Cubes. So then we tossed around other options. I really wanted a Wii. They looked so fun, and could think of all sorts of excuses as to why we should get one. . . . tax refund should be spent on something fun, quality family time :), etc. We started looking for Wii's, but they were/are sold out everywhere.

So here comes our spur of the moment. We were at Game Stop Wednesday looking for a baseball game for Bo's Game Cube, when I overheard the worker talking on the phone saying they had Wii's. I of course ran up to him and asked him too, just to make sure they weren't reserved or anything. The guy said yes, Bo and I looked at each other, and we said we'd take it. No planning, no contemplating, we just snagged it. HA!! Right after the guy got it for us, another customer came in asking for one, but we had just gotten the last one.

We of course then bought an extra remote and made a reservation for Rock Band which comes out for the Wii in June. We walked out of the store and just were in shock of what happened. That is just so not us. We are super stoked though and have already been playing. Bo's been cheating and playing while I'm at mutual and meetings, so he can pretty much kick my butt, but it's still great. Go us and random sporadic moments. Go Tax refunds!!! We are officially the party house, feel free to come over!!

6 comments:

Emily Rasmussen said...

At Our med school they have a Wii in the student lounge. Stew is getting pretty good at it to say the least! When we go down there to hang out with Stew we get to play with it too. so fun! Bridger is so cute tryign to play with the big boys. Congrats on the Wii! I am terrible though! :O)

Katie said...

Chad and I have been wanting a Wii for quite awhile, but I think finding out Rock Band is being made for the Wii really might push us over the edge into actually buying one. That is seriously the BEST video game of all time!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Oh MAN...I have been wanting a Wii too, and my dad got one for his 50th birthday so David his now hooked...but I just can bring myself to spend the money yet...we are so close to being done with school, I keep telling him to wait, we'll see if he will be able to wait that long!! (And me too, for that matter)!

CAMI said...

Oh dont tell Jason hes been bugging me for a while now! Also congrats all 3 sisters getting hitched in one summer- thats crazy! 3 weddings and a baby wow sandy has a busy summer!

Aika said...

That is so cool!!! I played it while I was pregnant with Emi and was sweating after I finished. It's a great workout. I'm coming over to play!

Andrea said...

maybe we'll have to start becoming better friends and bridge the east/west end gap... once the step 1 exam is over, benn might join us. meanwhile, i need to secretly train for Christmas-- Benn's family all LOVE video games and I'm so bad at them, I never contribute much to the video game fests over holidays. It would make benn proud.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus