Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Doctor was WRONG


Yep, the Doctor was wrong. I'm not pregnant. JUST KIDDING. There really was a wrong Dr.. . . , just not mine. ha. So as stated earlier, I took Carter to Urgent Care and the Dr. looked at it, had him do a few things, and said he was okay. WELL. . .the next morning I had Carter's 2 year checkup, so while there I asked the Dr. what she thought. I had mentioned to my mom and brother Whitney (who's a Dr. too) and both had insisted that I still get an x-ray. Carter's pediatrician looked at the hand, pushed around on a few spots, and then decided to go ahead and do an X-ray. Yep. He broke a bone. For you anatomy whizzes, it's the metacarpal bone. For everyone else, it's one of the thumb bones, but not the one you associate with the thumb, it's the one in the hand. It has a tiny little fracture, called a buckle fracture. To be honest, you can hardly see it, it just looks like a little indent in his bone.
The doctor put a brace on his hand and set up an appointment to go see the Orthopedic Dr. That was a HORRIBLE appointment. It was in the Children's Hospital and we waited over an hour and a half!!!! NOT KIDDING! to see the Dr. We go back there and the Dr.s all, "Well, do you guys want to keep the brace on, or do you want a cast?" Seriously? Um. . .isn't it your job to decide? What do we know? In the end it was decided we would just keep the brace on. He goes back in 2 weeks for a new x-ray to see if it's healed. Keep your fingers crossed. The dent was so tiny, I'm sure it'll be good by then. So yeah, we left the Dr.'s office 10 min. later. An an hour and a half plus wait for a 10 min. appointment. Sweet.

So there you have it. That's what's been happening here. Bo goes camping tomorrow with Carter and some men in the ward with their kids. It's a bishopric/ward clerk campout with their kids. Fine with me. I'm going to a Twilight Party that one of the other clerks wife's throwing. I'm way excited. I'm taking my delicious spinach-artichoke dip and can't wait. We're going to discuss the books, the upcoming book, and the movie, and maybe other things. hah!
Yeah, Carter isn't fazed at all by his hand. He's as happy as can be.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad he is happy and isn't annoyed with the whole cast thing! Oh...and I love the blog! You did an awesome job.

Briana said...

Man-oh-man... even though I've talked to you, I still enjoyed reading about it. Luckily, in 2 weeks you'll be able to look back and laugh, because right now, it's gotta be really frustrating! So you and Steph are going to have to show me this digital thing because I love your blog, it looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

so glad that you guys had it all figured out and Carter is ok! My sister just told me last week that my almost-2-year-old niece rolled all the way down the stairs from the very top and not only my niece cried , my sister, too. And she was still crying when she was telling me. I can only imagined how horrible that feeling was being a mom and have to watch your children suffered. I am proud of Carter seeing his smiley face in the picture though!

Unknown said...

What a trooper! He's a tough guy.

Samantha said...

I feel your pain about waiting for the doctor. That's so awesome that Carter is so brave though!

Katie said...

I'm glad he's going to be ok. It just goes to show you, always listen to your mom =-) they have a sense about these things. SO JEALOUS about the Twilight party! I want to come along!

Emily Rasmussen said...

He is so cute! What a stud! How fun they are going camping! Maybe I'll send Stew with the kids out soon so I can have girls night! :O)

CAMI said...

Im sorry but I also glad he is fine! its scary being a mom! Heather crashed in her highchair and it fell over- shes ok- in fact I think Ill post about it- but its scary huh!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus