Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thank you Lindsay!!!

My parents decided to give Bo and me their little red car (yay a second car!), so Bo took off this past weekend and drove down with my dad to bring it here. The car was in Salt Lake, so they only had to drive from there.
Once I realized that I was going to be stuck alone with Carter all weekend, I decided to take a trip of my own! I went to Temple, the town we lived in last year, and visited my old friend Lindsay. Oh man was it fun. I miss that girl. She's one of those people that you just connect with. We have tons in common and we were just such good friends. So Friday afternoon, after dropping Bo off at the airport, Carter and I headed up north.

It was about a 4 hour drive total, and really wasn't bad at all. Lindsay had the whole weekend planned with such fun things. When we arrived, she (and her family of course) took us to the park to have a pizza/picnic dinner. She invited a couple of my other friends and their families too. It was great! We got to catch up with Claudia and Glenn, and Santino and Polly. Santino is an old friend from high school, so that was especially fun.

After the park we took the kids home and then Ron, Lins' husband, watched the kids (they were all in bed by now) and we took off to BJ's, a new restaraunt in town, and had pizookies (sp?). Oh baby were they good. We also tried some appetizers. It was great to just go out and socialize without the kiddos.

The next day we all loaded up in Claudia's van. We had it loaded. There was Lins and her two boys, Claudia and her son and daughter, and Carter and me. We took off to the zoo in Waco and spent the day there. It was a perfect day. The zoo was a little crowded, but you couldn't ask for better weather. The highlight of the zoo was Lindsay "accidently" dropping her bottle in a stream that ended up going right up to the Jaguar cage.--That's for you Lins ;)
When we got back from the zoo we ate dinner, put the kiddos to bed, and then Polly and Santino came over to play games. We chowed down on this delicious dip that Polly made and the most amazing chocolate cake from Lins. Good Eatin!! Oh yeah, and we had jalepeno poppers and potstickers too. I lost every game, but it was still fun to play and joke around with everyone.

Sunday Carter and I went to sacrament meeting with Lindsay's family, but then we went home because Carter was in BIG time need of a nap, and I must say so was I. After our nap we all had dinner and then Santino and Polly came over again for some pictures and to say goodbye.

Unfortunately I didn't take too many pictures. I got some of the zoo, and that's it. I stink at taking pictures because I always forget to grab my camera. As soon as Polly emails me or posts some, I'll let you all know.

It was a great weekend and sooo much fun. We took off Sunday afternoon and got home in the evening. It was that evening, after putting Carter to bed and trying to stay up for Bo and my dad to drive in, that my exhaustion hit me and I broke down, so sorry about that. Thank you so much for the fun weekend Lindsay! I can't wait to pay the favor back! Claudia, Polly, and Santino, thanks for hanging out with me! You guys are the ultimate friends!

Enjoy the pictures!Here's a cute picture of all the kids watching the Bison. From left to right it's Carter, Lindsay's two boys Grant and Jay, and Claudia's two kids Ian and Nikki.Here they are outside a cage with a monkey in it.This is us looking at the Tigers. You can kinda see one on the bottom right corner. Like the baby bump?The giraffes.The elephants. There was an elephant closer to us, but there were too many people in the way, so we settled for the one in the distance.

Carter's favorite thing ever, a turtle. This is a Galapogos Turtle. The thing is huge!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Fun! I have been having zoo cravings lately but Reno doesn't have a zoo- so sad for me. Your tummy is way cute!!!! You look way too good to be pregnant. You have such a cute family. And how great that you'll be getting a second car! Such fun stuff! :O)

Anonymous said...

That was me Emily Rasmussen, it posted before I could clarify..there are so many Emily's I try to put my last name too! :o) again, I loved the pics.

Cassidy said...

Emily, you're so funny. You're the only Emily I have that blogs me!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I haven't been to a zoo in forever! It looks like lots of fun! So glad that you got a little getaway! Hope all is well!!

Next summer David and I want to take a carribean cruise and leave from galveston so we can come and visit you!!!!

Briana said...

Have you ever taken Carter to the turtle farm here on the island? You have to, especially if he loves turtles. Let me know and we'll go with you.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

we had fun with you and your little boy. Thank you for coming and visit to everybody. You are great! As soon as I can I'll send some pictures that I took at the zoo

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus