Friday, February 22, 2008

Only one :)

So I had a Dr.'s appointment yesterday, which I've been way looking forward to because I'd finally get to hear the baby's heart beat! It just doesn't seem real till you hear it. I had to take Carter with me because of it being nap time and I was not about to leave him at a friends while he was tired and their kids were sleeping. He actually did quite well!
While at the doctor's I got to have an ultrasound! I was way excited about this. I had no clue they were going to do one. I LOVE ultrasounds. It was so cool seeing the baby. Carter came around and sat on my chest while they did it, so he got to see the baby too. I'm only having one. :) Carter was super cute about the baby. We pointed out the baby to him, and he was waving to it and saying "hi baby.' Seriously, my kid is the cutest thing ever. We got a little prinout of the ultrasound too, and Carter wouldn't let it out of his grip the rest of the afternoon. The paper's a little crumpled now, but it's still in one piece. I'd scan it if I had a scanner. He (I'm used to calling the baby a he because Carter was a he) /she has a cute little body with two arms and two legs. phew. All things good so far. The Doctor did say that the baby was big for the age, so go team! Maybe later they'll up my due date. :)
So yesterday was fun. It's been a tiring week. I've been watching kids the first half of the week, and the last half I've been just trying to get my life back in order. I'm not doing too well yet. Close though. So there's my good news. I'm super excited now, and I swear my stomach's gotten bigger. Of course no one else can tell, except Bo, but still. My theory is, if you're going to be pregnant, might as well show. That's the fun part to me. I'm excited and no one else is because they can't see that I am. Of course, if I really had my way this would also mean no stretch marks. *sigh* We can't win them all.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun! I'm super excited that you were able to have an ultrasound! Brampton came with me to all mine and that always made it a little more interesting too! You totally should have brought him over...Brampton doesn't have the same schedule as Carter so they could've played...you goober!

Andrea said...

i agree, i love getting a big belly, thought not everything getting bigger and staying more stretched out.
i also agree that you are a goober.

Unknown said...

YEAH! I'm so excited for you. I just found out this week (no one told me...). Now I can be down there when the baby is born! YEAH! I can't believe how big Carter is. It goes so fast, it's crazy. You guys look fun!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus