Monday, February 18, 2008

The Official Announcement

Attention all!! Yes, I am expecting baby number 2!! Yes, Sam, we are finally catching up to you. Just because you choose to cheat by having two at a time. ha. We are very very excited. I am due the 10th of September, which hopefully means I'll have the baby by September 3rd. ha! Carter was early so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I was wondering if anyone would notice the last picture I posted on the 10 photo tag. Props to you who faithfully support my blog, even though I'm such a terrible blogger.
To be honest, the reason I've been so bad of late is because this pregnancy has made me SO TIRED. I mean EXHAUSTED. I was not this way with Carter, thank heavens, because I don't know what I'd do if I were that tired and working. It was hard enough this time with a 2 year old! Thankfully Bo comes home early and watches Carter so I can sleep. One day I could barely keep my eyes open at 10 am!! Bo came home at 10:30 that morning, so I was able to go back to sleep. I'm getting my normal 8-9 hours of sleep and yet I still have to take naps. I'm doing a little better now. I still need naps, but not for as long, and by 8 in the evening I'm actually alert, as opposed to the last couple of months.
I haven't been nauseous, which is great. I wasn't with Carter either. My problem is that I get really bad food aversion. Food just sounds so gross. Nothing would sound appealing. I've never been one to force myself to eat something I didn't want, even as a kid, so imagine being starving and not being able to eat because nothing sounds good. If I do force myself, as it has been my entire life, I usually spit it back out. It can get really REALLY frustrating. I've only officially thrown up twice, and one of those times I think I had the flu. Luckily, again, I'm almost done with that. I'm doing better at finding things to eat, and gradually more and more food is sounding appealing. Ahhh, to be out of the 1st Trimester. I think I have 1 more week and then I'm officially in the second. Yippie!
So there you have it. It's funny how different this pregnancy is. Meaning I haven't been keeping track of it as much as I had with Carter, I guess my 2 year old keeps me busy enough. I've also just been able to feel the change in my body a lot easier, or to be more accurate I've felt it become uncomfortable easier. I'm already showing a little too. Not that anyone besides me and Bo would notice yet, but we do. I am excited to feel the baby soon. That's my favorite part about the whole thing. Supposedly I should feel it earlier then last time because I know what it feels like and my body is just more loose if that makes sense. Either way, I'm excited.
Thank you to all my well wishers. We can't wait!! We'll keep you all updated of course!

10 comments:

Samantha said...

Yes! I'm so happy that I got a shoutout on your blog! I totally didn't like food either when I was pregnant, and I remember always thinking, "if only i could continue having this feeling after my pregnancy." But no such luck. My hunger always returns. I am so so excited for you Cassidy.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Yippee!! I am so so excited. funny thing, my mom just asked me this weekend if you were pregnant, I was like nope, at least nothing I know about...and then I read your blog, and wouldn't you know!!!! fun fun fun!! I remember when I was so sick with Cambree I had to force myself to eat too, nothing stayed down, therefore, nothing sounded good. at least you haven't been too sick...I hope you can get some rest and that the tired thing will lay off a little soon!! Keep us updated!
Love ya girl!

Cassidy said...

I'm not nauseous sick. Things just sound gross. Does that make sense? I just get the aversion that makes food just sound not yummy. Doesn't make me gag. Thoughts, smells, don't affect me like that. That is funny your mom asked that Tiff. My mom said she went to church and everyone was telling her congrats. I assumed it was your mom and you that told her. huh. Love ya too.

Kevin and Eliza said...

Cassidy, Congratulations! How very exciting it is for you to be expecting number two. I hope your body starts wanting food for you soon. Have a great day and I enjoyed looking at your top ten pictures!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I didn't say anything to your mom...I actually didn't even tell anybody...maybe my mom said congrats but i don't know!!

Emily Rasmussen said...

That is good you don't throw up. I think I had thrown up twice in my life before I got pregnant and then it was a lest once a day. I remember throwing up something like five times while I was taking a final at BYU. Man did that suck... That will be so fun when you start to feel the baby! Everything went a lot faster with my second so I hope it dose for you too!

CAMI said...

Yea! Congrats! Um I totally know the nothing sounds good thats how I was! I too never thought I would hate food! Something that worked for me was fruit smoothies! At least its staying down- my never did until like week 27- the third trimester! I think I lost like 15 lbs- the only prob it all caught up and then a ton more as soon as I could eat!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Congrats Cassidy!! I was definitely able to feel my baby kick sooner this time than last...so hopefully here soon you'll be feeling all that again, that's one of my favorite parts, too!!! I've always been a lot more tired this pregnancy than my first one...atleast in the 2nd trimester I had a lot more energy and was doing LOTS of organizing and cleaning though, so hopefully soon you'll get an energy boost too!! Good luck with everything!!!

Katie said...

Congratulations!!!

Aika said...

Yeah! I was right and you were the first to annouce it and not me!!! Yippee!!!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus