Sunday, January 6, 2008

The week before Christmas

So the week before Christmas was full of action at the Baker household. The beginning of the week started out calm, with Ivie going home for 2 days so that we could get prepared for the big arrival. Bo and I spent most of that time in Othello with Bo's family so that when my family came into town we could spend time at my house. We're fair that way. :) Haven and Teresa and their 4 kids flew into Seattle on Tuesday and Thursday (they came seperately because Haven had finals) and on Friday all of them, including Ivin and Christina and their 2 kids, and Thang (an old exchange student who goes to college in Bellevue) came in. We had a houseful. 7 kids, and 10 adults (Libby came that evening). WHOA. You see, I have a great excuse for not blogging. Who could with that packed of a house???? We had kids running everywhere and 2 little newborns to hold. It was fun but crazy. I'm sad to say I didn't take one picture of all of them. I hope my brother or someone has some. If they do, I'll see if I can post some. I did get video, but I must've forgotten my camera those days. Ivin and his family were only there for 3 days. They left Christmas Eve because they were going to Victoria with Christina's family the day after Christmas and they didn't want to drive home to Seattle on Christmas day. Whatever. Lame excuse. :) On Saturday night Ivie got sick and threw up. On Sunday morning as we were getting ready for church , which started at the bright and early time of 8:30 am, Emerson (6) and Ethan (4) started feeling sick. We were all running and around frantic. We needed to be on time because we were going to bless Clarissa, Haven's girl. WELL, at last minute, and I mean last minute, they decided to keep those two boys home and not do the blessing. My dad had to go up to the bishop at church and tell them of the change in plans. It was a good thing that the two boys didn't go to church too, because right after sacrament meeting (yes, I skipped the last two hours of church) when we got home, the two boys had just thrown up. 3 sick kids. You can imagine what the basement smelled like. hahaha Ivie wasn't sick too long, but on Monday Lawrence (2) got sick along with his brothers. 4 kids. Did I mention that Clarissa had a bad cold this whole time and that she wasn't feeling well. Poor kids. My parents had high hopes of putting on a little nativity Sunday night, but that was out of the question. Anyways, I am proud to say that Carter didn't get it AT ALL. NOPE. NADA. I told everyone he'd already paid his dues back in November. It was sooooo wonderful to not have a sick kid. Poor Teresa didn't get much of a break those days because of her sick kids. I will say this, if you're gonna have 4 sick kids, might as well have them sick where you'll get lots of help. Libby, my mom, and even I, are expert cleaners now. It wasn't all sick though. We played lots of games at night when the kids were in bed, the kids got to open little presents the few days before Christmas, and we had great food. After Ivin left the kids were still sick for a few days, but they were able to still have fun and they certainly were able get up on Christmas morning and have fun, which I will blog about later. So that was our little adventure the week before Christmas. Hmmm. . . maybe the sick kids everywhere is why I didn't get pictures. Huh.

1 comment:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

oh man sounds like a full house with a lot of sick kids, yucky! Glad you guys survived and came out healthy! I noticed you left after sacrament, I looked all over for you, I never got to say hi to Bo, sigh...!!! I loved all of your pictures, and I especially love the nativity pics, so so funny! I can picture all of them playing there parts, i think i would have been laughing!! We use to get all dressed up and act it out, but now we just do puppets!! still fun though! (although, we have a ton of byington babies, so I don't think I have had to be in the nativity for years!! keep those babies comin!!HAHAHA) oh man long comment sorry!!

love ya,
Tiff

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus