Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dreaming about Bugs

My friend Lindsay would laugh if she read this. She knows how much I am against the following subject. I have this thing with bugs. I hate them. Hate them, hate them HATE THEM. In my dream last night I was a cop or something ( I don't remember too much of the details, it was a dream after all) and I had just caught this lady and was wrestling her to the ground. Let me just stop and say that I've been watching "24" season 6 with Bo every night before we go to bed, so obviously what I've been watching has been carrying over into my dreams. ANYWAYS. The lady and I were fighting on the ground, when suddenly something started bothering my left leg. In my dream I thought it was a leaf, but it kept bothering me, so I looked down and it was a spider. Now I'd have to say that spiders are the biggest threat in my war against bugs. UGH! Well that stopped the dream right then and there.
I immediately woke up and started spassing out. What if there really was a bug in my bed and on my leg. AHHHHH. I suddenly thought of a blog Kacey posted awhile back about the cockroach on her arm, and all sleep left me. For the next 15 minutes I was scrambling around in bed, checking my leg, checking the sheets. I even woke Bo up accidently. Having been used to me by now, he easily went back to sleep.
There was no bug, but honestly, I didn't check every nook and cranny. I was still out of it (I really get into dreams and have a hard time adjusting back). Besides, do I really want to find the supposed bug in my bed? It took awhile for me to go back to sleep, and obviously I have not forgotten. I spent the rest of the day tired and out of it. I really need to stop dreaming so vividly. I really do hate bugs. Texas is not the place to be for a bug hater. Although I will say Galveston isn't as bad as Temple was.

2 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I share the same that you. Everytime that I watch or read something right before I go to bed it does appear in my dream. Can you imagine my trauma when I read the Old testament, goodness! It was a constant nightmare!. Advice DO NOT READ THE BIBLE BEFORE YOU GO TO BED, ESPECIALLY THE SECCION OF SODOM AND GOMORRA THAT HAS BEEN MY WORST NIGHTMARE EVER!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I think I would have rather drempt about bugs than an old boyfriend. I had a stupid dream about an old BF the other night, I hate those dreams...not that anything happened in the dream he was just there and we were flirting...yuck!!! sometimes I hate dreaming!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus