Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a fun Thanksgiving! We spent it with my cousin Jackie and her family at our place. It was way good lovin' food. Everything turned out awesome. The only thing I regret is that I didn't make yams. I LOVE yams but no one else wanted them so I didn't bother making them. Shoulda woulda. Oh well. I also forgot to take pictures of us at the table. How could I forget such a thing? Let me just tell you why. . . because right as everyone sat down at the table ready to eat, Megan decided she was ready for her lunch and a nap. Yep. I missed Thanksgiving dinner. I actually got to come back to the table like 15 min. later so my food wasn't that cold and Lincoln was still eating his seconds. It was good though!
After dinner we played ROCK BAND!!! Oh man we love that game. We played for quite some time too. Jackie and fam. left around 5 ish and then at about 6:30 some other friends of ours came over to watch The Happening on our clear player. The clear play dvd player is a good friend of ours. We got it for Christmas last year. It edits movies for you and it is great.
Anyways. . . Thanksgiving was a great day. A very long and tiring day (Sorry Jackie for being so tired) but fun all the same. I love family and friends and was glad I got to hang out with both!!
The rest of the weekend kinda stunk, to be honest. Bo had a test yesterday and today that he had to study big time for, so we really didn't get to play much. He did take a little break on Friday to go see Bolt with us. I liked the movie. It was cute. So that was our Thanksgiving weekend! Oh yeah, we were thankfully all better when Thursday came. We had a real bad flu or something that made us sick up till Tuesday.
I did take some pictures of the the weekend, even though none show the meal. Enjoy! And yes, normally Carter DOES have pants on.
This was the end result of the turkey. At least you know it was good if it's all gone, right?


Carter ended up taking his nap on my lap.
Megan at the end of Thanksgiving day. The girl was out!! You're jealous of those chubby arms, aren't you!



Carter when he was sick. My poor baby.

3 comments:

Jordon and Terra said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I'm jealous! But what I really want to know is why that calander is still hanging on your fridge, and why if you still have it is it still on September? Don't you love it?!? haha

Unknown said...

YEAH! We had so much fun! I want you to email me the cheese ball recipe! YUM!

It was the perfect meal!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

your kids are too cute! What are you guys doing for christmas?

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus