Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve

We stayed home for Christmas this year. It's been a crazy year, and we needed a break. We decided to stay and have a quiet Christmas at our own place instead of traveling and stressing and all that. It was really fun too.
We found out that two other couples in our ward were staying in town for the holidays too, so we invited them over for Christmas Eve. It was a great night. Bo made some super yummy fajitas and I made salsa and guacamole. We had a fiesta! Ole! haha.
We played Compatibility and Rock Band. Both way fun games. We also read about the nativity from the Matthew and Luke and tried REALLY HARD to get Carter to pay attention and understand it. Sadly I don't think it worked.
After our friends left we all got to open one present. . . . pajamas!! What a shocker! We all put on our pj's except Megan. The poor girl had had a long night and was already tucked in bed, without getting to open hers. Oh well. I don't think she cared. :)
Here's some pictures of our fun-filled night!

The Wests.
The McEntires. Carter was REALLY hyper that night, in case you can't tell. . . he doesn't always look like that. haha




Our stockings laid out for Santa. Like how Megan's is the biggest???? Her's was actually donated to our ward and since our Megan is the only Megan in the ward, we got it! It was brand new--still in the package with Megan embroidered on it.

4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

I'm glad you had friends over for Christmas Eve - sure makes it more fun. Love that Megan got the biggest stocking!

Whidget said...

Very fun... I wish we could have been there. Did neither of your friends have kids!? Wowsa! What are the odds!?

Miss you guys!!
Bridget

Robin Conner said...

I was just thinking about you today and wondering how your christmas was and wishing you'd post! So thanks for listening subconsciously! ;) I'm glad you had a good quiet holiday! Sometimes those are the best! And you can't beat an already embroidered stocking! Score! Have a happy new year!

Briana said...

I love the stocking! That's crazy how it would have been donated and, there you have it, a stocking for Megan! It's funny cause we have a bit of an opposite problem. When I made Braeden's, I forgot to allow room for the seams, so he has one that's smaller than the rest of ours. I keep saying I'm going to redo it, and I need to, but haven't yet. Gaven didn't even have a stocking yet this year - HORRIBLE MOM!!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus