Friday, December 12, 2008

Santa and Snow

Our library rocks! Seriously. The whole bottom floor was flooded. That means that the awesome children's section was ruined. Did that close them down? Nope. They are still keeping the top floors open (you can get in through another entrance) AND they had SANTA for the kids!!! Of course I jumped on the chance to take the kids to see Santa.
We didn't have a guest appearance of Santa at the ward party so I was getting pretty depressed that Carter wouldn't get to see Santa at all this year, but then our awesome library pulled through! They even gave out new books to the kids. Sweet. Carter did a lot better with Santa this year. He didn't cry at all. He even told Santa what he wanted. A cowboy hat. So he can "ride the range". Yeah one of the Backyardigan episodes has cowboys and they sing a song about riding the range.
ALSO. . . as you might be able to guess from the title, it SNOWED!!!! That's right. It actually snowed down here in Galveston, TEXAS. Oh it was awesome. Carter was loving every minute of it. So were Bo and I. Megan couldn't have cared less. haha. It snowed on Wednesday, right after mutual. All of the youth in my ward were loving it too. Of course it didn't stick, but it was great all the same. We had some pretty huge flakes too.
Here are some pictures of Santa and the snow. The pictures didn't turn out too well of the snow, but it was wonderful.


7 comments:

kristmas said...

it did stick actually!! alan and i went out later that evening and there was snow on the ground. we had about a half an inch i would guess. :)


kristin

Korbi said...

I am hoping to get a special visitor to our ward party, if I don't get Santa pictures with my kids I just might cry!

Whidget said...

Megan did pretty good with Santa too, looks like! Eli did horrible last year. I hope he does better at our party tonight. Carter looks so big!!! I miss you guys!
Bridget

Lori said...

So cute! I wish you guys were coming for christmas!!! You will be missed. And we will be eating our fair share of fudge.....

Robin Conner said...

That library is aweseom. I miss taking the kids there. That Santa looked pretty darn good too! I was so jealous when I heard it snowed in Galveston. But I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, see it, and capture the "magic"! Have a good weekend! I still need help with that blurb thing! Email me!!! ;)

Andrea McEntire said...

Yea for snow! I feel like I haven't seen you forever girl! Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well.

Briana said...

It makes me so sad to think about the library's first floor and the kids section! I would trade that library for this one ANY day! We're jealous of the snow. Just yesterday it was snowing in WA. It was 27 degrees there while it was 74 degrees here . . . CRAZY!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus