Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July friends!
We started off the day going to Palm Beach, a little water park at Moody Gardens here. We spent a couple hours playing in the water and then headed home for a much needed nap. That evening my cousin Jackie and co. came down from Clear Lake and we headed over to a friends for a barbeque. The food was good, especially the salad. Stephanie made this super yummy salad that she needs to post on her blog. Oh baby it was good.
After the BBQ everyone came over to our place to play the Wii. The boys had fun playing Mario Kart while we women folk chatted. At about 8:30 we headed over to the beach to watch the fireworks.
It was a way fun day and I was glad I was able to share it with family and friends. I love America and am glad that I am lucky enough to have been born and raised here. I hope I never take this country for granted. Sadly, I'm sure I do, as I know a lot of people do. I hope that I, at least, can do better at appreciating the US.

So of course I take my camera around with me the whole day, and all I remember to take pictures of are at night when it's way dark. Go me!

In the back are is Jackie and her husband Lincoln, along with little Brigham in the stroller. Ben is on the right, with Jana a little ways behind him.
Carter and Ava relaxing as they wait for the fireworks to start.

I can't help but take pictures of us. I love this man!


Isn't this a cool picture of the fireworks?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun! I want that salad recipe too! Man, that was good stuff!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus