Sunday, July 20, 2008

The haircut story


So I've actually had this haircut for about a month now, I've just been a slacker about explaining the wonderful story about it.
To start, this is the result after 3 haircuts. That's right, count them. 3!!!! Yeah. . .
When I was in Washington I had a spur of the moment decision to get my hair cut. I didn't want to get anything to drastic, really just a trim. I went to this walk in place in town, yes it was cheap, and maybe that's what I get, but seriously I'd been there tons before and have always had decent cuts. Anyways... as you can guess, I came out with the WORST haircut ever. This is no exaggeration friends. It really was the worst. All I asked for was a trim and maybe a little bit of layering. I came out with my hair at least 3 inches shorter and that wasn't the worst of it.
Seriously. It looked like Carter had taken scissors and cut my hair, I know what you are thinking. . . I'm exaggerating a tad. NO! The "layers" were not blended in, you could see where she had just grabbed a chunk of hair and just full on chopped it off. These hairs of course were cut like 3 inches away from my scalp. I had super short chunks randomly through my hair and then 3 inches down would be the next random layer. The sides were not even AT ALL, and oh it was just a mess.
Now I'm not super picky about hair. Hello, I grew up using Suave, and it wasn't till last year that I stopped using it. But if I can tell it's a bad hair cut, then you know it's got to be bad. I showed my friends and even they all agreed that it was pretty bad. Needless to say, I was in tears. I really was.
I called up my mom's stylist that night and begged her to fix it, so the next morning I headed over to get it fixed. She took one look at my hair and I'm not kidding, she said "wow, you got butched!" Yep. Thank heavens for her, she fixed it and blended it all in and made it look normal again. The only problem was that it was still too much layering. I tried getting her to take off the bottom layer, it kinda looked mullety (if that's a word--probably not but you get the idea) still and when I asked her to maybe trim it off, she suggested waiting till it was styled first.
Oh friends. If you could only see how she had styled it. It was all I could do not to break down crying right then and there. You would probably have wet your pants. I know I would have if it wasn't my hair. She grabbed the smallest barrelled curling iron and curled the bottom two layers up in tight curls. She also "fluffed" my hair up on top a ton. Seriously, I looked like a mixture between Mary Tyler Moore and some one off of Grease. AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Where were my hot pink pants and bright makeup?
I went home still bawling. The hair looked so much better, but when you only wanted a trim in the first place. . . . Thank goodness for my sister. With no beautician license and a pair of sewing scissors, she cut the bottom layer off that night, and now it looks pretty good.
I've gotten good at styling it, and have even come to like it, but still. . . what a nightmare.
You think I would've taken pictures, and I'm sure you would like to see them to get the full picture, but honestly friends, I couldn't. It crossed my mind at the time, but I just didn't want permanent memories or that disaster. It was that bad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Alls well that ends well?

Anonymous said...

It's so cute now! It was funny though. LOVE YOU!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I normally go to supercuts. Not the best choice so I've been there. It is always a roll of the dice when you go to cheap places. I still think you look cute.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus