Sunday, July 20, 2008

26

I turned 26 on Friday. Yeah. I'm kinda sad about it. I loved the early twenties and now I am no longer in that group. Someone tried reassuring me by saying that I was getting closer to the 30's and that the 30's were the best!!!! Yeah, sorry but not that comforting. :) I guess that's life though, right?
It was a great day. I got a blank recipe book from Bo so that I can put all my random loose favorite recipes in it. I have so many recipes written on scraps of paper and shoved in misc. books. He, and Carter, also gave me some ymmy chocolates and Enchanted, the movie. My mom gave me a cute stiching that says Believe in a crafty frame, and my sister got me a cute figurine of two sisters. Bo's mom also sent me some chocolate and a recipe book, and my friend Stephanie gave me some candy and Dr. Pepper. Are we seeing a trend here?? :) Man these people know me well. I have had such a sweet tooth with this pregnancy. I love all my presents and am so grateful to everyone for thinking of me and spoiling me!
I had told Bo that all I wanted for my birthday was dinner and a movie, so that night we went to a Hibachi Grill with Carter (oh baby was it GOOD) and then we dropped Carter off at a friends and went to The Dark Knight. It was a long movie but way good. Heath Ledger did an AWESOME job at playing the Joker.
So that was my birthday. It was a great day!!

10 comments:

Briana said...

Ohhh, what a punk of a friend I am! I didn't even know. HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY. And you watch out girl, it won't be long before I can give you the inside scoop on what 30 feels like!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I thought about you three times on Friday and hoped you were having a good birthday. It sounds like you did, Happy Birthday!

Andrea said...

hey you, happy belated bday. glad you got to go out with your sweetheart. and get the best food in the world... chocolate!

Brooke said...

Ok, I am on the closer side to 40 and I am now feeling really old. You enjoy your 20's! (And the 30's are great too).

Kacey Nielsen said...

Happy birthday! By the way, hair and belly are looking good! I love that you have the little baby chart on the side because every time the days get smaller I think, good that means mine is coming soon too! 50 something days doesn't sound that bad!

Unknown said...

I keep hearing Heath Ledger was amazing. I'll have to see it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Let's hang out. Sunday dinner?

You are amazing, love the treats!

DJ and Melissa said...

Hey Cass! A couple of things. I totally agree, Batman was amazing. Do I hear the Oscar's calling? Oh and try these for a sweet tooth, they are Cliff ZBars for kids. They are so good. You can get them at Costco. They are full of a most delicious chocolate and healthy stuff too so you don't feel bad eating them. I've been downing them. Also, your belly is cute.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Happy belated B-day. I didn't know you tunred 26. I'm glad to see that you had a terrific b-day. You deserved it girl! I just saw the pictures of your new haricut and you look great!

Samantha said...

happy late birthday and you look so great! glad all my friends are finally turning 26 too so i'm not the only oldie.

Aika said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!! I've just been so lazy with this blog thingy, that I haven't been able to check anyones. I wanted to say that I love your new blog layout. I totally agree with you on the 26 age thing. Not too exciting, and closer to the 30s. Happy Birthday and now I want to watch the Dark Knight too!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus