Thursday, October 18, 2007

Maple Bars

Seriously, how hard is it to get a maple bar??? I noticed last year in Temple that they don't sell just your plain old maple bar. Nope. They call them longjohns or something, and they have cream in the middle. Now don't get me wrong, the creme is yummy too, but it's a little sweet, and what I really want is just the original. *sigh* I was craving one yesterday. I knew that the donut shops on the island didn't have them, so I stopped by a grocery store to see if they had one, and of course they didn't. Now at this point I would've settled for just a round donut with maple frosting, but nope, this store didn't offer those either. I was highly disappointed. I ended up getting two other donuts, but it just wasn't the same. I guess I'll just have to try and pig out on them in Washington. Does anywhere in Texas sell them??? Well that's one strike against Galveston. :)

3 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

When I was pregnant with Scarlet, I went on a crazy mad hunt for Cinnamon Bears for like 3 days. I swear there is not a Cinnamon bear anywhere in Las Vegas! So so sad...

Samantha said...

maple bars are my favorite donut. yummy. when i was living in guadalajara one day all we wanted was powdered donuts and couldn't find them anywhere. so sad is right.

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

I hate to break it to you Cassidy..but during our almost 4 years of living in Texas, we have been unable to locate a simple, plain 'ole MAPLE BAR!!! It bothers my hubby the most. I miss them too, but I like cream in the middle too so the Long Johns are ok...but we have done the same Maple Bar search here with no luck!! It's so sad!!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus