Monday, December 31, 2012

Snowman and Snow Fort!

They day after Christmas we had a huge blizzard.  It started snowing at about midnight and snowed the whole day.  It was pretty fun!
Later after the blizzard, my dad took the kids outside and helped them make a snowman and snow fort.  I've said it before, but my dad is just so awesome.  Seriously, what a great Grandpa.  The kids love their snowman and fort.
And while they were all outside in the cold, my mom and I were in the house painting all the wooden animals my dad made for me.  I had asked him to make me a Noah's Arc, complete with animals, for Christmas--which besides them visiting for Christmas, was my ultimate favorite gift.  My mom didn't have time to paint them before Christmas, so she and I got to do it together.  They aren't finished yet, but as soon as I'm done painting them, I'll post pictures.  In the meantime, here are the ones we do have:

You can't tell, but Derrick's cheeks are so rosy!





8 comments:

Stormie said...

How fun!

Jordon and Terra said...

I love, love, love all the updates and pictures! Meg in her dance class?? ADORABLE! Jealous, I want to get Hallie in one so badly! I love the bounce house, that just rocks! And that Noah's ark thing looks really incredible, I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm glad you had a good Christmas and your parents were there for you! We miss you guys!

Serena said...

Holy Snowman! :)

Lindsay Adams said...

That is the coolest fort!!!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I can't wait to see them! How fun that your parents came!!! Miss you :)

dockters said...

I loved catching up on all your posts. Fun December! And these pictures of Derrick in his snowsuit and rosy cheeks are adorable! What a fun dad you have to build a HuGE snowman and fort with your kids!

Andrea McEntire said...

Soooo much fun! What great memories. Looking forward to seeing the Noah's ark animals. Sounds like a cute idea.

Unknown said...

I LOVE all the snow we got in Moses Lake - what fun family memoreis w/ snowman building. :)

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus