Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Fun

I have really tried to get my kids out of the house this summer and get in some nice fresh air. We take turns between going to parks, splash pads, swimming pools, lunch bunches, and anything else that suits our fancy.
It has been crazy hot here these past few weeks, with no rain, so usually our activities only take up the morning. That's fine with me!  It leaves the whole afternoon open for the glorious nap time. ;)
Below our some pictures taken at the splash pad.  I would like you to note that my kids are not IN the splash pad.  Nope, they are playing on the playground right next to the pad.  You might also notice that they are wearing their swimming suits and that, no, the suits are NOT wet.  That would be because my kids are wimps.  They HATE getting splashed in the face, so they don't even bother going near the soakers.  So why do we still go?  Because MY friends are there, and I need a fun summer, just as much as my kids :), and also because I keep hoping against hope that each time we go, THIS will be the day they go crazy in the splash pad.  Hasn't happened yet.  I still have four weeks left of summer though....Although to be fair, Carter has gotten in a couple times, for like a couple of minutes, at the end, which to me kinda makes it not count.  Why is it always at the end of the activity that they decide to join in???




Megan and her best buddy, Max.  Max's mom and I have high hopes that they will meet up at BYU one day, fall in love, and get married.  No pressure, right?

2 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

i love love love the splash parks we have here in the tri cities! although, i'm the mom that is dragging my kids soaking wet back to the car kicking and screaming when it is time to go. even if we had already been there for 3 hours. My kids LOVE playing in the water!

dockters said...

Oh Max and Megan!!! They love to bug each other, don't they? I can't help but laugh when I think of them all grown up and at BYU. That will be hilarious!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus