Monday, July 9, 2012

Dear Friends

Dear Friends,

I am sorry I am so terrible at corresponding.  I've never been good at keeping in great touch, just ask, well.., any of you. If any still read this blog anymore....  I blame it on my children.  I can do that, you know.  My kids have this thing with taking up all.of.my.TIME.  They also somehow know when I am on the phone, even if I am in the other room, and decide that they need to raise their voices/screeches/cries to the highest and loudest level possible. That is generally why I don't call.  Why don't I email then?  Because that phone radar also extends to the computer.  The moment I'm at the computer they are pulling on my leg, dragging my chair away, pushing the keys, or just plain sitting on my lap.  I'm only able to write this blog post because it is 10:45 at night and I am graciously giving up my oh so precious child free time to you.  Feel honored, because as you are aware, I don't do this often.  My blog is hardly visited anymore because of that fact. 
My kids have also sucked away my memory and other important brain functions.  So if I promised to keep in touch, it's not because I don't like you, or that I lied, it's because I can't remember. The other day it took me like 10 min. to remember the name of my BANK.  So sad.  I used to be witty and somewhat funny (and humble :) ), at least some humored me and told me that. I used to be somewhat intelligent too. I could remember things very well.  Not anymore.  I'm not graceful, not that I ever was, or coordinated anymore either, I fell down the stairs today as proof.
So bottom line, my friends, is that I BEG you to be patient with me.  Love me anyways.  Please still be my friend. Don't give up on me!  I'm not depressed, or hating my life or my kids, I promise, but I do get sad sometimes thinking that my choice to be a mother made me lose tight friendships.  I wouldn't trade it, I have the bestest of friends in my husband and kids, but a girl needs her girls and friends, and well, I get the feeling I'm losing you all. Did you know that not even my parents read this blog? 
So love me.  And if you feel like I'm not leaving comments on YOUR blog, believe me I've tried, but as mentioned, computer typing time is rare.  But I do read them.
ALSO, as a bribe, I've renewed and UPGRADED my Children's Museum passes and zoo passes to a plus 2, which means I get to take 2 guests with me, SO PLEASE COME VISIT ME!!!!

Love,
Your onetime good friend,
Cassidy

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Still here. Still love ya! Miss you tons!

Grandma Carla said...

Cassidy, I read your blog, but I seldom comment because when I'm signed in on google, my identity is Grandma Carla (for undisclosed reasons.) You aren't forgotten, we are still cheering you on - just thought it would seem weird to post and have it say it was from Grandma Carla.
~ Carla

Jenn Zabriskie Timmerman said...

Oh, you know I'm coming to visit you! Max, Oliver, and I want to come to the museum and the zoo with you. And I just plain want to see you. :)

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I want in on this pass deal too!!! and of course I still read your blog, but never comment because i too have kids climbing all over me. and for some reason I hate signing in...weird I know! I'm glad i got to see you for a short time while you were in town! Can't wait to get to your neck of the woods soon!

Stormie said...

Oh Cassidy! I'm still here and wish I could see you but reading your blog and getting occasional comments from you is just fine too! Love!

cherie said...

Reading and loving it! I never miss out on a chance to spy on old friends. I'm way too snoopy to resist:)

Jordon and Terra said...

So I realize you are kind of stuck with me and this might be more scary then reassuring, but I am still reading your blog, and I still consider you a great friend and can't wait to hang out with you! And I only have 2 kids and already feel like what you are describing, I think you are super mom with your 3! Love you and miss you! I am working on talking Jordon into coming to visit! I'll let you know when he gives in! :)

Katie said...

I read your blog, girl! And if I don't comment from time to time, it's because of the same reasons you've mentioned. :)

Andrea said...

Still here, just stalking you through Google Reader. i totally get it!

Samantha said...

Dear friend, I never miss a post. I'm always reading them from my phone and my phone makes it hard for me to check in sometimes. I don't know why! Chin up girl. Moms everywhere feel your pain! love you

Heslop Family said...

Girl, I'm reading this in the wee morning hours, because Oliver will stop screaming with the bright light from the computer but only in the middle of the night. I miss you and love you! I was wondering why we haven't talked latley though, but then I can't remeber what day it is.

Serena said...

Cassidy, you make me laugh. I can't even hear the person on the other side of the phone most of the time d/t my screamers as well. I think you're the bomb-diggity. ;) And one SMART supermom. But stop falling down the stairs...that might really take a toll on some brain cells. :) If I wasn't hugely pregnant I'd have to drive myself and crew on over so we could let them be crazy together while we blissfully ignored them and caught up. Miss you girl!

Justin and Stephanie said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one that feels that way!!!!!!! I need to copy and paste your post to my blog because you took the words right out of my mouth, except I am not as cool as you with the zoo and children's museum passes. But I get you, kids change you life in ways you never thought possible! Not a moment to yourself, even in the bathroom. I love that you are having fun in your part of the world! I love how cute and fun your kids are! You are a great momma!

Unknown said...

I love you, Cassidy. I love reading your blog. Thanks for sharing. I feel connected to your family. Grandpa and I read it all the time.

danipenz said...

Chica, your no one-time friend. You just had to blog this, so you could read how we are assuring you the contrary ;-) You're always there when needed.

Love you and believe me, being a mom is the greatest gift ever. I see that with Leo even though he is not my son. Besides, when I come home from work I'm so tired that I don't pick up the phone to call a friend or email either.

You and your family are always in my heart.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus