Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Seattle and The Babies!

My brother and his wife, Christina, had triplets back in August of '11.  I hadn't met them yet, so I was impatient to get to Seattle and meet those babies!  My sister, Liberty, and her husband also flew into Seattle while we were there, bringing their baby boy, West (they would) :) .  West was born in September of 2011. So while we were at Ivin's, there were 5 babies!!  Derrick was the oldest by 6 months. 
I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but in 2011, between Bo's siblings and mine, there were 8 babies born.  Derrick is the oldest of them all, followed by Emmy (Whitney's and Bridget's), Wesley (Amanda's and Matt's), Christian and Ellie and Esther (Ivin and Christina's--so competitive they just HAD to have triplets to beat everyone), Brielle (Terra's and Jordon's) and "little" West (Libby's and David's).  That's a whole lotta cousins for Derrick to play with!
Anyways, life was a little crazy with all those babies, but we had tons of fun watching them interact.  Christian sort of became obsessed with Derrick and would crawl after Derrick wherever he went, kinda creeping Derrick out. hahaha.  Derrick also became sort of possessive of me while we were there.  He did NOT like me holding any of the other babies.  Megan and Carter had a blast and told me I needed more babies.  Carter announced that Esther was his favorite because she was the tiniest. 
We decided that if the babies were to have a competition, Derrick would win in any race, West would win in arm wrestling, or any wrestling, Esther wouldn't be able to compete at all because of being in a completely different weight bracket, Ellie wouldn't care if she lost to anything considering she was above it all ;), and that as long as there was a game, win or lose, Christian would be happy to play.  He just wants to be in the "in"crowd. :)

We mostly hung out around the house, considering it is just too much work to take everyone anywhere, but one night we did go to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner to celebrate my Dad's birthday.  We might have gotten a few stares with all the kids we had, but it was worth it. 
Anyways, here are the last of my pictures from our fun time in Washington. 


Ellie, West, and Esther

Uncle David and the big kids building some Lego thing.

Esther (purple) Ellie, Derrick, West, and Christian.



Rainforest Cafe.  I don't know why Carter is cross-eyed in all the pictures...


Breakfast!!!  Derrick, West, Ellie, Christian, and Esther.  Look at all those high chairs. 

2011 power!!!  Esther, Ellie, West, and Derrick

Best Friends!!!!
West, Christian, Derrick

5 comments:

Alan said...

All of those babies together are a little mind-boggling. I bet it was really interesting watching them.

Also, the background in their high-chair picture is wonderfully green.

Kevin and Eliza said...

How fun to grow up with so many cousins all the same age.

Lindsay Adams said...

Too fun! BTW, Derrick's the cutest!...No offense, but I love him!

Grandma Carla said...

How exciting to see all those little people together. I'll bet your parents were on Cloud 9. Thanks for posing - I'm guessing that took a little coordination (what with nap and diaper change coordinations for all those crumb crunchers.)
~Carla

Donnie and Laura said...

WOW-- that baby:adult is realllly disproportionate!!! Like an alternate universe! I LOVE IT!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus