Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day Fun

We started the 4th of July by going to a "fun" run.  Carter ran the 1 mile race on his own, and Cassidy ran pushing the other two kids in the stroller all the way.  They had a pretty steep hill to run up, and Cassidy made it up pushing two kids in the stroller.  I barely made it up on my own when I had to go pick up the car after the race.  I was very impressed by their finish time, and Carter came in just ahead of Cassidy and the stroller.  The pictures below show the kiddos getting their medals (notice that Megan hadn't worked up quite as much sweat as the others), and the courageous crew after the race.




After the race, I came home and took a little nap (I worked the night before), while Cassidy and the kids did something.  I don't really know what they did; I was sleeping. (Cassidy insert--We went to the mall to get free stuff from Radio Disney and then we went to McDonalds for lunch and to get out of the crazy heat!)  But we headed downtown early in the afternoon to spot out some good seats for the Indianapolis Indians baseball game.  We had tickets to an earlier game that was rained out, so we needed to redeem them sometime.  We figured the 4th of July game would be good, since they were having fireworks afterward.  One of my favorite memories growing up was going to Mariners games with my dad and Travis (the reason why I still faithfully watch the Mariners despite the fact they haven't had a winning season in a decade).  Anyways, it was really fun taking the kids to the game, even though they could care less the game was going on. 

Victory Field has lawn seating all around the outfield where you can bring in your own food and let the kids play.  It was a ton of fun, even if it was 100+ degrees out during most of the game.  You can probably tell from everybody's red faces.  We probably went through a couple gallons of water and a couple Icee's.  After the game they had a great fireworks show in the stadium, and then walking to our car we got to see the downtown fireworks show.  All in all, it was a fun, hot 4th of July.







1 comment:

Whidget said...

Cute to have Bo do the post! I like the "they did something" haha.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus