Saturday, July 14, 2012

The "Dairy"

Some friends and I took our kids to a local "dairy" that had free "tours" and some yummy homemade ice cream.  Well...the company and ice cream didn't disappoint. :) hahaa.
I guess since I grew up on a farm, had friends who were dairy farmers, and knew others in both categories, my expectation of what a dairy should or would be was apparently way off the radar with this place.
My favorite part was the free tour.  Yeah, it was a sign that pointed to path which took you back to a barn, where a bunch of cows were just lounging around.  That was it.  Phew these cows STUNK.  Megan wouldn't go near, haha, she just stayed up on the little hill behind us and watched.  I love that girl.  The barn was a just a barn.  No stalls, no high tech milking quarters, nada.  Just cows in a bunch of poop and mud, or maybe just poop. hahahaa.  The kids still thought it was lots of fun. 
There was this random chicken wondering around too, and you should have seen Carter.  His friends were impressed by his chicken knowledge.  You see, my parents have chickens, and Carter's job when we are in WA is to take care of them and to gather the eggs, so Carter is pretty confident around them.  Makes me proud!  We also wondered down to these little huts, off the beaten path, which had tons of baby chicks in it.  Again, Carter and even Megs were able to tell all the kids all about their Grandpa's baby chicks. My little wanna be farm kids showing off.  :)
We loved the ice cream afterwards, and of course couldn't miss the opportunity for some group photos!  We have some really, really good friends here, and we love going out on fun outings with them! 




Derrick LOVED the cows.

Megan and Sammy, and nope, they didn't plan their outfits.  



The inside of the barn.


This picture cracks me up because Megan and Carter are both doing some weird face.



Jake and Derrick, living the good life.

4 comments:

Stormie said...

So I totally had this dream last night that you came and visited us and you had 4 kids and Carter was 8 years old and HUGE and it was a pretty crazy dream! :) Glad you have great friends there; we still miss you here though! Brenna and I were talking about you this weekend because she mentioned that she saw a Breaking Dawn trailer and we were reminiscing about all our girls movie nights with you. :)

Megan said...

Just stumbled across your blog. :) I think we've been to that same "dairy" but we went in the winter. Looks a lot more interesting in the summer.

Donnie and Laura said...

Mmmmm, ice cream! I've always been jealous of your farming ways...

Andrea McEntire said...

Derrick looks cute in his stroller, I love the look on his face. And way to go Carter for knowing all about chickens. :)
I miss you girl! Really. Maybe someday we will see each other...sniff....sniff.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus