Thursday, April 10, 2008

Entertaining my mom

As I mentioned before, my mom came to visit us here in Galveston. She was originally going to just come for a week, but while here she decided to extend her trip by another week. It was really fun having her. My mom is a great visitor because she doesn't need to be entertained too much. Her favorite thing is just to relax and read. I think she read at least 5 books while here.
We did go out and do things too. We went out to eat a couple of times, we went on the ferry, we played at the beach, visited Moody Gardens (an attraction here), went on walks, and went to a fun beach shop. It was great having her and having someone to talk to and just relax with. Carter really enjoyed having the extra attention.
When anyone comes to visit we like to take them on the ferry. It's free, fun, and you get to see wild dolphins!
I love that Bo is so into building his sand castle.
The water wasn't too bad. Bo and I took Carter in and got wet up to our waists. There was a lot of seaweed on the beach that day, which is weird because I don't think I've seen seaweed on the beach before. I'm sure it gets it every now and then, but why'd it have to be there the day we took my mom??

2 comments:

Samantha said...

It's fun to see pictures of your mom. She looks just the same. And my mom is totally the same way when she visits- super low maintenance- we can all just sit and do puzzle books without even talking. I love it. I also had to laugh because when I go to the beach with Kyle he does things like builds his own sandcastles. I love it. I'm so glad you have such a great boy.

Briana said...

Oh no Cass, you've never seen seaweed like you'll see it here in Galveston! LOL . . . just wait!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus