Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween!

Wow. What a long, fun, crazy day. Carter and I first went to the library at 10 in the morning so that we could go to story time. They were doing a trick-or-treat there with the kids too, so Carter was all dekked out and ready to go. He ended up being a tiger and looked super cute. His costume, however, was really fuzzy and thus hot. Carter is like Bo, they get hot sooo easy. You can always tell when Carter is warm or hot because he gets little beads of sweat on his nose. Anways. . . We hung out at the library for like 2 hours playing with friends and eating sweets, along with getting books of course, and then we went and picked up Bo and got some lunch. Carter fell asleep for like 15 min. in the car, and little did we know it, but that would be the only nap he would get. That's right. Halloween day and no nap. FUN.

After lunch I had a doctors apt. to get my thyroid checked, and then we rushed it home to try to get Carter to sleep, with no such luck. Around 5:30ish we went to the ward party and that was fun. Carter had fun playing with his friends and dancing. After the party we did a little trunk-or-treating at the church and then we went with some friends to try and do some houses too. I was pretty proud of Carter. He did great at saying trick-or-treat and holding up his pail. He was funny. He didn't quite get that only certain people gave out candy, so he would go around to everyone, just random people in the street. When he went up to people with bowls of candy and they would hand him one, he'd take it and then try to go after the bowl. Oh he was funny. Tiring, but funny. We ended up finally getting home and putting Carter to bed around 8:45ish. It was altogether a fun and very successful Halloween. Here are some pics!

Here is Carter and his friend Braeden (the skunk). On the couch are all the kids who went trick-or-treating together. You can kinda see how sweaty they got in their hot costumes. It was a muggy night. In a row is Carter, Braeden, Ava, and Carsen.















So here is everyone walking to the neighborhood we trick-0r-treated at. On the right is Ava and Carter. They are really good friends.









On the left are some of the med students' kids. Carter loves his friends! On the right isn't a Halloween pic, it's from the night before. Jana, Ava's mom, was over and we were making cookies for the ward party. I thought it was cute so I threw it in.

3 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Carter looks so adorable. We miss you guys. But I'm so glad that you are having so much fun there.I'm trying to download some pictures of the trunk or treat but
my server is very slow for some reason, so I might do it tomorrow. I had a good b-day, the best thing beside my family of course is that everybody knows already that I'm 25 so I don't have to lie anymore :) haha.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Carter looks so adorable. We miss you guys. But I'm so glad that you are having so much fun there.I'm trying to download some pictures of the trunk or treat but
my server is very slow for some reason, so I might do it tomorrow. I had a good b-day, the best thing beside my family of course is that everybody knows already that I'm 25 so I don't have to lie anymore :) haha.

Samantha said...

Is there anything cuter than little kids in halloween outfits??Carter looks so cute. It sounds like he did pretty darn good for not having a nap all day. Yay!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus