Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Did I say Healthy???

So we came back from Boston LATE Saturday evening. It was a great trip. We didn't do any touring, but that was fine with me. They actually offered to take me around, but since I've been to Boston twice before and walked the Freedom Trail and seen the sites, I was alright. Besides, I came to Boston to help my brother's family, not to tour, and not to mention that Bo's never been to Boston, so I'd have felt bad doing the fun things without him. We'll go later and do that.
We had a fun time. I was able to watch the kids so that my sister-in-law could go run errands and take naps. Carter and I had a blast playing with the kids. However, when we first showed up the boys were all just barely recovering from colds, and by the time we left, Carter was starting to show the first signs too. AHHHH! Now to be honest, I didn't think it was that big of a deal considering we just got Carter over the flu, but then on Monday afternoon, a whole fresh wave of sympathy came over me. Yup, I got the cold too, and let me tell you, it is a nasty thing. Seriously! All I can say is that now we've had both, we'd better not get anything come Christmas time (knock on wood)! I know this might sound selfish, but I think that the only thing worse than a sick kid is a sick mom. Seriously. I just want to curl up in a ball. My body aches, especially my bum, and I just feel gross and weak. The reason I think a sick mom is worse is because mom's still have to get up and take care of others. We don't get breaks like when we were single. Luckily it is a short day for Bo so he came home and is watching Carter snore on his shoulder while I take a break and write this blog. I just barely woke up from a 2 hour nap. Husbands are wonderful, especially mine.
Anyways, since I'm on Bo's laptop, I don't have the pictures of my trip to post. I'll put them on later when I'm on the computer. I did get to do one selfish thing while on my trip to Boston, I got to take pictures next to the Boston LDS Temple. It was really pretty. I'll post those too.

No comments:

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus