Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Flu

So Carter and I are supposed to be on a plane at this exact moment taking off for Boston. Unfortunately, that trip has been delayed. Carter got the flu. Yup. I've been looking forward to this trip for a loooong time. We're supposed to go and help my brother Haven's family for a week and a half. Teresa had their baby girl 2 weeks ago, and we were flying out there to take care of the boys and help them out. Saturday night Carter got a little bit of diarrhea, which continued through Sunday, but we thought it was because of candy. On Monday morning we woke up and Carter just started throwing up. The poor guy. He just sat around the whole day expressionless. We couldn't get him to smile or anything. We had to change our flight to this Saturday, because there is no way we are taking a sick kid to a house with a new baby. Not only that, but it would be miserable on Carter and me. Wish us luck that Carter will be ready by Saturday. I have high hopes. He's already starting to eat a tiny bit, and he's actually getting up and talking and playing. So that is the update on our exciting life. Vomit. Woohoo. I do feel bad for Carter. He doesn't have many words, so he can't explain how he feels, not to mention he doesn't know why he's sick or whats going on. My poor baby.

5 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Poor little Carter!, I hope he can get better soon. The first two years of a kid life I think it must be the hardest for a mom, since they don't really understand what is going on and they probably don't have that many vocabulary. I remember Nicky getting sick just like Carter, throwing all over me, and just saying OUI and pointing at her tummy. Hang in there, I'm sure that he will be better by Saturday!

Anonymous said...

have bo give him a blessing

Kacey Nielsen said...

sick babies are the saddest. I hope you get to go on your trip though!

Oh and thanks for the green bean tip. I am always trying to think of new things to give her!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Carter! I always feel bad for little kids/babies to be sick for the same reason! I hope the little guy will feel better soon!

Aika said...

Poor guy... I think I have the flu too. I think it's going around. I took off from work and am checking out people blogs.

But yeah, poor guy, I hate when babies get sick because they are so hopeless. Tell him to give me his flu bug and I would be glad to take a double punch of it, so that he can get better. :)

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus