Monday, December 16, 2013

BOO!

Halloween was a little crazy this year.  With being in Washington for most of October, I just felt like Halloween was a side note and sort of rushed.  I bought over priced pumpkins (the last anywhere) two days before Halloween, and made Bo help cut them.  Derrick wanted an owl, so I cut the owl for him.  Meg's wanted a moon and stars, so Bo helped her, and Carter designed his own face, which Bo helped with.
The next night we went (minus Bo) to our ward Halloween Party and Trunk or Treat.  The kids had a great time!  Meg and I had gotten her costume like at the end of September, but I hadn't gotten anything for Carter or Derrick yet.  Christina saved me in WA by giving me a Jake and the Neverland Pirates costume she had and wasn't going to use, and Carter decided last minute that he wanted to be a Skeleton Pirate, which meant all I needed to buy was a discounted skeleton mask, discounted because I bought it like the day before Halloween. He already had his pirate costume from last year.  Works for me!  I think this is the 4th time in Carter's life that he has been a pirate.  I hope he never grows out of it.  Well, I want him to grow out of the costume (the kid needs to grow!), but the pirate obsession? I love it.
Anyways, we went to the Trunk or Treat and tons of fun.  The kids got lots of candy, which I may or may have not snitched a bunch from.  The next night was Halloween and we were all set to go Trick or Treating when the town cancelled it due to a rain storm. SO...I found out that the Haunted House at the Children's Museum, which I had free tickets to but didn't get to use because we had been in WA, had decided to stay open on Halloween night because of the rain and trick or treating cancelled, and well, off we went.  I wasn't about to miss our last time to go to the Haunted House here in Indy! Plus, free tickets and entertainment for my kids?  Yes, please!
The next night Bo was working, go figure, so we joined our awesome friends, the Shirley's, and went trick or treating with them in their neighborhood.  My neighborhood is small, and thus LAME.  Brandon, the dad, took Meg and Carter and his son Grant, who is Carter's age, out around the neighborhood since they were older and wanted to go faster, and Anna, the mom and my wonderful friend, and I took Derrick and her twin 3 year olds around at a MUCH SLLLLLOOOOOWWWEEEERRR pace.  For a competitive and greedy kinda person, the little kid pace about killed me. hahaaa.  It was so fun watching these little kiddo's get so excited over dum-dums and tootsie rolls. After a bit, the littles were tired, so we went back to the Shirley's and watched a movie and had microwave popcorn while we waited for the older kids to finish up.
Again, the kids came home with tons of candy, which I may or may not have pilfered on occasion. ;)  They had fun, and I had fun watching them.  Poor Bo was bummed he missed out on it, but luckily he'll have many more years to be able to join in.
 














No comments:

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus