Friday, September 6, 2013

Oh, my kids. They crack me up.

Today Megan and I were playing with her little princess dolls in her doll house.  There was one mom, tons of daughters, and a baby. 
At one point in our little playtime, the baby needed to go down for a nap, so I used my princess to call to everyone else in the house and tell them they needed to come outside to play so the baby could sleep.  Megan, who's princess was The Mom, told us we needed to do chores.  I asked her what chores she was going to do, since she had my doll doing the laundry, mopping, and windows.  Her response? "Mom's don't do chores."   !!!!!
I then paused the playing, looked at her, and asked, "Do you really think I don't do chores?"  She shrugged and said, "You help the kids do chores."
HUH.  The eyes of a child.  I'm glad my husband at least recognizes I do SOMETHING around here. :)
 
AND THEN..... 
 
Carter came home from school talking about how a boy on the bus was telling him how he could sell his "gold rocks" (fools gold he got at the Mark Twain caves) at pawn shops and get lots and lots of money for them. 
Bo later found him on the computer, with the words PAWN SHOP FOR GOLD STUFF typed into the search engine. 
That kid.  When he has his mind set up, it is as good as done.  If he doesn't make his first million by the age of 14, I'll be in shock.  I'm thinking an MBA is in his future.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Sweet memories! Your kids are adorable. :)

Unknown said...

hahahahahahahahahaha

Donnie and Laura said...

lol

Brenda Goodrich said...

Memories: my children during family prayer, "and please bless Mom whatever she does all day." You're kids are the cutest! and I think you're a fabulous mommy.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus