Friday, September 13, 2013

My Little Genius

The other day I bought some ABC cookies from Trader Joe's and had given some to Derrick in a bowl.  He pulled one out and showed it to me and said, "O, Mommy! O!"  I looked down, and sure enough, it was an O.  I was proud of him, but lets be honest, all kids learn O first and think every letter is O.
THEN, he pulled out a Q.  I thought again, that this would be an O to him, but he responded, "Q, Mommy, Q!!"  !!!  He totally got it right!  At this point I was in shock. 
NEXT he pulled out a D and said, "D! Duh Duh Duh, D!"  I was pretty much jaw dropped, speechless at this point.  The kid is 2!!
After that he pulled out an M, but was holding it sideways, and said, "E!" then I told him if he held it another way it could be another letter.  Next thing I knew, he was holding it the right way and saying, "M!!!!"
Oh. My. Goodness.  What a little smarty!!   I'd like to say it's all in the genes I gave him, or my excellent mothering, but really it's probably due to the apps he plays on the IPAD all the time, namely Starfall.  He loves that game.  Plus he's watched the LeapFrog's ABC movie tons.  Either way, I'm still way impressed and proud.
So I guess if he's playing on the IPAD or watching a movie tons, it can't be my excellent mothering.  ;) hahahaaa.

3 comments:

Stormie said...

You do have smart kids! I remember Megan learned some of her abcs before you left Galveston and I was so impressed. It's gotta be your mothering, right? :)

Katie said...

I disagree. Definitely your mothering!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! :) What a smarty!

Amy Marie said...

That last sentence CRACKS ME UP. Go, Derrick, go!! That's awesome!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus