Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sweet Corn!!!

If you know me, than you know how much I LOVE corn on the cob!!! 
I don't know if I blogged about us picking raspberries or not, but last week Bo and I took the kids to go pick raspberries at a local farm and we bought some fresh sweet corn there too. 
It was our first corn on the cob of the summer, and it was a hit!!  The kids gobbled it up.  Poor Carter has a REALLY loose front tooth, so he kind of ate it from the side of his mouth.  He was funny too, because he would lick all the butter off first. "Mom, it's the best part!"  I hear ya, kid.   Derrick couldn't quite figure out how to hold it and still get a good bite, so he came up with laying it down on his plate, gripping it on both ends, and then chomping on it against the plate.  He was so funny to watch.  Megan was dainty.  She only ate about half of hers because she didn't like getting her fingers too messy.  It was a successful item for dinner and has been requested again.  Now to find the time to head over to the farmers market.  I only buy corn fresh. I'm kinda snobby that way.  Farm girl, what can I say?
 


4 comments:

Donnie and Laura said...

Farm girl. I'm always jealous of your farminess. I buy my corn at the store. But we've been grilling it lately, which is really good! And why did Carter start school so early!?

Stormie said...

I love corn on the cob too! Haven't had the opportunity to had much fresh ... jealous! Sounds yummy!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I agree, fresh is the only way when that's what you grow up on.

Rachel said...

I just rediscovered your blog after Google Reader mischievously disappeared! I can't believe how much your kids have grown! Especially Derrick!! He's such a cutie!!!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus