Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tea Party Anyone?

The moment we got in Washington, my kids started to begging to see their cousins Ivie and Rebekah (Ivin and Christina's oldest two).
I knew I couldn't go to Seattle yet, what with Bo's mom's wedding being the upcoming weekend, so instead I invited the girls to my parents' house, giving my kids the cousins they love, and giving Ivin and Christina a little break, and I only mean little, considering they still had the triplets.
The kids had soooo much fun.  They played on the trampoline all day. When they weren't on the tramp, they were riding bikes in the basketball court, or checking out the chickens and goat, or playing on the swings, playing tether ball, or playing with the toys inside, and yes, that included my mom's tea sets.
My mom has tons of these little tea sets.  Her grandmother used to buy little tea sets for her when she was a girl, and when we were girls, my mom would buy us some too.  I have fond memories of playing with my mom's tea set with Libby as a girl.  Sadly, I'm pretty sure Libby and I broke most of the black dragon? one.  It was a pretty neat set. 
Anyways....my mom kept all of the little sets she had given us, along with adding a few more here and there, and now she keeps them in a little drawer, complete with a handkerchief, to be used as a tablecloth, so that anytime the granddaughters come over, they can have their own tea party. I think it's awesome, and want to continue this in my own home.

So yeah, that week was pretty fun. Except...

I should probably include Meg's trip to the ER.  Yeah...about two days before picking up Ivie and Rebekah, Megan was out on the trampoline with Carter and two little neighbor boys (they are 7 year old twins).  Carter was under the trampoline, and Megs and they boys were on top, laying on their stomachs and looking through the tramp down at Carter.  Somehow Meg must have gotten accidentally double bounced because her body slipped toward the springs and her forehead smacked the springs, leaving a huge gash on her forehead. SOOO much blood.  My poor baby.  I rushed her in town, only to find out that Urgent Care closed 15 min. earlier.  GREAT.  So it was off to the ER.  I'm married to an ER Doc, and when I need him, he's not there!  I couldn't even call him because with the 3 hour time change he was already in bed.  Awesome.  The only way I could even convince Megs to go was to tell her we'd get to go see a place that was a lot like where daddy worked.  Poor thing, she was so sad when we got there and she realized Daddy wasn't going to be there too.  She didn't need stitches (in their opinion) but she got a couple layers of glue, along with three strips of tape.  You'll see her war wounds in the pics below.


Tea Party!!!  The yellow/corn set is actually mine. :)




Just look at those gorgeous brown eyes that my boys have!! Love.

Ivie and Rebekah.  Ivie is 4 months older then Carter, and Rebekah is about 10 mo. older then Megs.
OUCH!!!  Apparently that's the best shot of her face I have.

1 comment:

Donnie and Laura said...

Oh poor thing!! She's still cute as a button though!!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus