Thursday, December 30, 2010

Zoo Time!

Bo has had the month of December off from school so that he can go to all his interviews and enjoy the holidays. We have loved having him around!!!
Making sure we got the most of our time with Daddy, we decided to head to the Houston Zoo last week. They had just opened a new section, called the African Safari, or something like that. Meg was happy because we were able to see the giraffes again (they had been out of comission for the last 6 mo. while they were putting together their new "cage").
It was a perfect day for the zoo. The weather was perfect, not hot or cold, and the place wasn't crowded at all. PERFECT. The only downer of the trip was that I almost went into labor at the end. Okay not really, but maybe. I was doing great the whole time, but after two hours my hips, uterus, everything, was killing me. It took like a half hour for my body to calm down and the contractions to go away. Note for next time, make sure I sit down every 15 min. or so. hahaa.

Having fun with the African Masks.

Baby elephants!!!! There are two, right the the left of that pole right in the middle of the picture. They were sooooo cute.

My family of monkeys in front of some monkeys. You can see a black monkey, I can't be bothered with trying to remember the name of the monkey, in the background up high on a rope.

No comments:

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus