Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekend in Dallas



So this past Saturday and Sunday we went to Dallas to go see Bo's brother Travis and his wife Rozzie. We were excited because we hadn't seen them since May of '06 when they were married. They now have a baby boy, Lane, and he is soooooo cute. We stayed at Bo's cousin-once-removed. He has two little girls and they were so good with Carter.
We had fun. We went out for pizza and then went and walked by this lake and watched the kids play. Carter was having the time of his life with all the attention he was getting. We put the kids down for the evening and then we talked and talked . . . and talked more. We stayed up till 2 a.m.!! That is way late for me. I'm used to going to bed at 10:30. I felt bad for Joel, Bo's cousin, because he had to give the Sunday school lesson the next day and he was up with us too. It was great though. I felt like I was in college again, when I was carefree and super social. Of course in college the other reason I could stay up was because I could sleep in. Oh man it was hard to get up the next day. We were all in a zone the next day. Wouldn't trade it for anything though, because we were having fun.




On Sunday we went to church with them and played and talked a little more before taking off to go back to Galveston. It was a 5 hour drive, but Carter slept the whole time, so the ride home went well.


Today we went to Moody Gardens, an attraction here, and played at their Palm Beach. It was great! Carter didn't want to get in the water at first, but he warmed up to it and soon was splashing and jumping all over the place. We were laughing so hard because Carter had to wear one of the Beach's life jackets instead of his floaties (they wouldn't allow people to use their own floatation devices), and it was too big for him. He'd be jumping or trying to swim and the life jacket would make him lose his balance and fall. He was like Steve Erkyl. He couldn't get up. Oh man it was funny.

2 comments:

tom said...

Did you cut your hair? I think it looks shorter, really cute! That's so good thatyou got to see Travis and Rozzie, they stopped and stayed the night at our place when they came through. It was really fun. Sounds like things are good in Texas.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Cass, I saw that picture of you and i was like, man she looks so cute in that picture. I love your hair. It looks really blonde, and I love it! My hair has gotten so dark, I can no longer consider myself a blonde anymore. People keep asking me if i have dyed it darker. I just say nope, I guess that is what kids do to ya!!! LOL!! So exciting you got to see your brother and sister in law!! I keep trying to convince my sis to come and visit me...hmmm, i am not sure it is working!!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus