Monday, September 17, 2007

Fearless

So tonight we decided we wanted to go swimming, so we all got in our swimsuits and headed to the pool . . . .only to find that it was locked. So instead of going to the pool we decided to just hop in the car and drive to the beach instead. Oh man it was fun!!! So everytime we've gone before Carter has been terrifed, but not today! He seriously was fearless. He loved it! We taught him to wait for the waves and then *jump* over them. He was having the ultimate time. Bo and I took turns holding and playing with him while the other tried to float the waves. I had a blast too. It felt soooo good to be out in the ocean. Sure the water tasted awful, but the weather was perfect and the temperature of the water was just right too. When it came time to go Carter would hear nothing of it. He kept trying to run out into the ocean. He wouldn't even let us hold his hand. I finally discovered that he was too impatient to wait for the waves to come to him, so he was going to go to them instead. It was funny but scary. We had to stay on him like crazy, because he kept wanting to go further in. He didn't recognize that he was getting deeper. He had a blast though. We will definetly have to do this again. I wish I had taken my camera. . . next time hopefully.

2 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

So so fun! I want to swim in the ocean!! I am glad you only got the tropical storm and nothing worse. Glad it turned out to be pretty cool! I love storms too, as long as I am not home alone or feel in any danger!!! How is school going for Bo? probably a piece of cake for him, he is so smart!!

Samantha said...

sounds like so much fun. It's funny that as parents its scary to have your kid going to far in the ocean but as a kid you are just fearless.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus