Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I should be taking a nap

He's asleep!! YAY! Not that I don't enjoy his company, but he's been up since 6, which means I've been up since then too. I need to take a nap, and he definetly needed to take one.
So there's this family in our ward who needs someone to watch their little boy either everyday till noon or off and on 3 or 2 days a week till 3. I could use the extra money--I like to shop way too much--and it's a good way for Carter to have a friend. The only thing is, I'm realizing that it means I can't get out of the house to hang out with MY friends til after noon. Not cool. So I don't know what to do. Do I do it or not? How important is the money to me? Not to mention it's not that much money, but he is Carter's age, therefore they play together which kind of makes it easier on me . . . what to do, what to do. I'm giving it a trial week. I'm leaving for Hershey, PA to go spend some time with Bridget, Whitney, and the baby for 2 weeks, so I'll be able to see if I liked the break or if the week of babysitting wasn't so bad. Hmmm. ..
Our car window is broken. Not cracked or anything, it just won't roll up. It's really annoying. We have it all taped up and ghetto style. It was funny. Bo and I were sick of taping it up, so we finally just popped off the panel on the door looked in , and then we were stumped. The furthest we had thought through this was to get the panel off. We finally decided it was the regulator, which thank goodness comes with a motor (we couldn't figure out which one was broken) so we'll just replace both and pray that it's fixed. If not, well then I guess we'll have to keep it taped up till January when we can get the funds to fix it. Why is it that things always break down just at the worst time?????
For good news, we finally bought a crib!!! I'm sure lots of you are astonished that I have a 20 mo. old and haven't had a crib, but seriously, in Carter's lifetime, we've moved from Alaska, to Texas, then to another town in Texas. . . with months at Washington in between each move. There wasn't space to move a crib from place to place, not to mention we're dirt poor--in case you didn't get the memo about the car window being taped up--so we've kept it simple and had him sleep in a play 'n pack this whole time. It suits him just fine, he doesn't care or know the difference, but still I've always felt bad. Our poor kid has the crappiest parents. Not crappy I guess. . . just ghetto and cheap. So yeah, I've finally got one. It's in the mail and should come shortly. Of course with my luck it'll come while we're in PA. But who cares, it's a crib!
So yeah, that's life. I'm off to take a nap now.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited for you and the whole crib thing! I hope it comes before you leave. I can't wait to see it!

ashleyboice said...

My kids have never had a crib...I just think pack n plays are so cozy. I used to watch a little girl...I was really helping her mom out (single mom) so that part felt good...and she was a great little girl who never fought with Oli. I used to dread her coming though...because it meant I HAD to do something. For me the best part of being a mom is the freedom (especially before you have kids in school). On the other hand I always had spending money for things that I wanted. I think the best part was that I was helping her so much...if that wasn't the case I don't think it would have been worth it.

Samantha said...

I was going to say that neither of my sisters have ever had cribs- only pack & plays. And you think you are the ghetto's parents? Do I have to refer you back to my post where I had actually cut the feet out of the bottom of both of my babies pajamas?

Cassidy said...

hahaha. That's right Sam. I forgot about that. I loved that post. If I'd have thought of it, I probably would have done the same. Thanks Ashley, I'm glad someone thinks the same as me as far as watching other kids. I do agree that pack n play's are more cozy too, not to mention harder to get out of, but I still always felt bad about it. Maybe I shouldn't.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

i know a lot of people that use those pack n plays so don't feel bad at all. Cambree has been in her crib since she was probably 3 months old, we love ours!

so have you been having really bad storms down there? were you hit by the hurricane, the news was on while i was making dinner the other night and all i heard was hurricane and galveston...? i see you have commented on peoples blogs though, so i know you are okay. Man scarey!!

Sam I love your comment, that post was hilarious!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus