Friday, August 31, 2007

Sleep Deprivation


I don't know what is going on, but Carter has not been sleeping well. It's killing me! I used to long for him to sleep in till 8:30, then a month ago I longed for him to sleep in till 7:30. Last week it was me longing for 6:30, and yesterday, oh what I wouldn't have given for him to sleep in till 6 a.m.!!!! I'm soooooo tired. Bo let me sleep in till 7 this morning. He got up with Carter. I feel guilty, since I knew I should get up and play with Carter so that Bo could get ready for school and study, but I was too selfish. Is that bad??? I could use tips from anyone and everyone on what to do. He's going to bed at 8 at night. If I put him to bed later, he still wakes up early. I'm wondering if he should go to one nap a day, or if maybe he's teething. I don't know, but the sleep deprivation makes him whiney and me grumpy and impatient. It makes me feel like I'm a horrible parent to have those feelings too. I hope he gets over this soon.


I should take naps when he does, but I'm caught up in reading the Twilight series. . . again. I bought Eclipse (the third one) a week and a half ago and read through it quickly. Of course I hadn't read the first two for awhile, so I felt that I should read all three of them again. I'm just about done with the second one. They are good books. I'm a hopeless romantic and I love cheesy girly books. What can I say?? They are good. If you haven't read them, do it! I got hooked on them through my friend Linds. Apparently her second cousin is the author. I had no idea the books were so well known, but apparently they are a big hit.


I have friends!! I've been hanging out with some other girls in my ward and it's been great! The ward has lots of young couples and they are all really nice. It's been fun meeting them. One friend, Stephanie, has a little boy a couple months younger then Carter and her husband is a first year med student too. She's been a life saver. We've gone swimming, to the aquarium, to the library, and if I can talk her into it, hopefully we'll go to Sam's today. It's such a relief to make friends and have someone to help you kill time till your husband gets home. Well that's all for right now. I need to write more often so that my entries aren't so long. I'm really starting to like Galveston. The ocean is soooo cool! It's fun to look out and see the swimmers, and in the distance (way distant) the huge ships. I've heard you can even see dolphins every once in awhile. I can't wait! Oh yeah, and at Stephanie's apt. there is a lake that has turtles in it!!! How cool is that! Yeah, I'm starting to get comfortable here. Go team go.

3 comments:

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

My son went through all kinds of weird sleep cycles (he'll be 3 next month)! I tried putting him to bed a little later too but that did NOT work for him either. I've found that I just need to give him time to grow out of it...and I try to make sure he has lots of ways to get all his energy out in the evenings so he'll be more tired!! Starting a few weeks ago he'd starting waking up at like 6:30 and would turn on his bedroom light (waking up his older sister) and then would play on the floor with his trains and stuff (I admit it's nice as they get a little older and can entertain themselves if you are tired or don't feel well!!) Since school started, he's been sleeping in til 7 a.m. though when I get Shaylee up for school. It's probably just a phase with your boy...put that book down and take a nap until then, haha! :-)

Aika said...

Hey Cassidy!!

Sorry about the sleeping thing... man that sucks... :( No fun.
Anyways, I just wanted to say hello, and that I love your blog and congratulations on Bo's medical school, how exciting!!
Love ya tons, and good luck with the sleeping thing, maybe this is just a phase and he will get out of it soon, but Carter is TOO CUTE!! How can you not stay up with him... hahaha... just kidding, i understand.

Aika

Stephanie said...

Poor Carter! Life here in Galveston is just too exciting to sleep I guess. I hope he starts sleeping better.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus