Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Night

I just wrote this email to Bo and decided to copy it onto blog, for memory's sake:

My night....
Yeah....it's been pretty rad. So today while I was eating dinner, the kids already done, Derrick was running around the table and he slipped and fell and hit his head on either the table or the window sill. I went over to him and tried cuddling him and calming down, but he was screaming. I pulled him back and right there, on his eyebrow, was another gash. Same eyebrow, different spot. Awesome. It was deep, and since you were gone and couldn't fix it, I was left with the dilemma of either calling someone or driving the half hour to you, thankfully I was able to call Eric, who was home, and rush over there. Erick glued it shut. Derrick now is going to have another awesome scar. He has a good sized bump. Poor little guy. Oh yeah, and while I'm calling Eric, and trying to stop Derrick's bleeding, Megan and Carter are oblivious to it all and are running around the Christmas tree being crazy. Can you guess what happened next? Guess. Carter knocked the Christmas tree over. SWEET. Bring it on. So then I had a bleeding and screaming child, a knocked over Christmas tree, and two kids blaming the other.
Oye.
Kids are good now. Derrick is in bed. Megs and Carter are watching Home Alone. I am exhausted.
I need a vacation.

Cassidy

5 comments:

Stormie said...

Cassidy, I just love your writing style. What happened in your night isn't hilarious, but the way you describe it had me laughing. Hope you get a vacation soon!

Katie said...

I hope you get that vacation!

Jordon and Terra said...

You definitely deserve a vacation!! Send the kids here! And then when you are done with vacation, come here so we can hang out with you too! :) Hope tonight goes better for you! :)

Serena said...

I can definately picture the whole fiasco...especially Megan & Carter running around the Christmas tree, clearly oblivious to the screaming (reminds me of something Ben & Jaime would be doing, lol). Kids are highly entertaining... Good job holding it all together, mama! All in a days work, right?

Rachel said...

"Oye" is right. You do need a vacation. You should come visit me...

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus