Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pioneer Day!

For Pioneer Day this year a bunch of us girls from the ward got together with our kids to celebrate at a park nearby.  Thanks Alisha for organizing it all!
The kids had a bike parade, they played Red Rover, Red Rover, some Fruit Game (kinda like musical chairs but without music), and then they had a three legged race.  After the games they all made these cute "covered wagons" out of treats, and then it was Popsicles and playtime on the park toys.
It was a fun day, I just wish Bo had been home to celebrate with us.  I tried telling my kids why we celebrated Pioneer Day, and I'm sure Carter was the only one to get anything out of it, and even then it wasn't much.  hahaha.  oh well. I tried.
Oh yeah, my kids (meaning ME :) ) won a prize for having the most festive bikes.  Boo Yeah!







1 comment:

Whidget said...

I'm pretty sure no one does anything here on pioneer day. And by that I mean, I didn't do anything, and if I wasn't at any celebrations people had then they weren't much worth celebrating. ;) We can do something when you get out here and I'll let you win most decorative bike every year.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus