Friday, August 17, 2012

First Day of School!

I think I thought that if I postponed blogging this, then it wouldn't really be real.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.
Carter started FIRST GRADE on August first.  First grade!!!  Ahhhhh! Can my baby really be that old?  (Him being old without me aging a day...)
Carter has been looking forward to "all day" school pretty much all summer.  I mean, if you asked him if he'd rather stay home, sure he'd say yes, but given the choice of half day school, like last year, or all day like this year, he's been pretty pumped for the full day.  He was excited for recess, lunch, PE, music, art, more recess.... And it hasn't been a disappointment either.  He is loving it all!
He really likes his teacher, and so far has been coming home with good grades on his papers and excellent behavior in class.  With my little charmer, I've never doubted him being a good student. 
Anyways, here are some pictures of him waiting for the bus. 
Oh, Carter, we are so proud of you!!  Please, just please, don't grow up too fast.  Please also know that the house seems super quiet and empty with you gone.  You are missed!





 Carter and Joe.  They are buddies.  Joe lives right across the street from us.  They were in Kindergarten together, and have lucked out with being in the same First Grade class too.



The group of parents waiving goodbye....and possibly celebrating.  hahhahaaa.

4 comments:

Jordon and Terra said...

Crazy! Remember when he was toddling around the airport when I came home from my mission and we got to be room buddies for a little while? Cause I do! I can't believe he is so grown up! Glad he is loving it so much!

Stormie said...

Wow! He looks so tall and grown up. And to think I was at his 3rd birthday party. :)

Donnie and Laura said...

SERIOUSLY??? This is crazy.

Katie said...

There is NO WAY you have a first grader!!!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus