Friday, August 31, 2012

My Wildflowers!!

So back when I was in high school and college, my mom would plant wild flowers around our property.  I always LOVED the look of them.  So with my own house now, I've realized I have the power to plant anything I want.  Bo has his garden, but I really didn't have anything, plus, to be honest, I don't really have much of a green thumb, and next to no experience with landscaping and flower arrangement. 
We have this patch of dirt on one side of our house that used to have some flowers that died, and a bunch of weeds.  With a lot of pulling, hoeing, and shoveling, I cleared that spot away and prepared it for my wild flower seeds, because well, how hard could WILD flowers be to kill with my lack of plant skills? And wild flowers don't need any sort of special arrangement.  A match made in heaven, that's what I think.
I am pleased to say that they survived!  They survived me, the draught, my kids, and everything else.  I am in LOVE with them.  I go out and look at them every day, sometimes a couple of times.  They are just sooo pretty!  This will definitely be a repeat for me.
It's okay to be proud of me.  :) 





No comments:

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus