Friday, January 20, 2012

Thank goodness I have a few years still

Megs is at a birthday party tonight, and I find myself in a wierd mood. A lonely, almost depressed mood. It's not an overnight party. It's only till about 9 pm, and yet to me, it feels like she's been gone a loooooong time.
When I dropped her off I got super depressed. A huge "I can't part with you" feeling. I mean seriously. It's a birthday party for Pete's sake. It's not like I've never been without her before. I don't know whats going on with me. Maybe it's because I still have the boys, just not her, and that's why it's different? I don't know. All I know is that I'm just sick to my stomach.
What, oh what, am I going to do when she goes for, gasp, college??? Or even preschool????? For some wierd reason I'm okay leaving her with her brothers when I'm out on a date, but am freaking out with her gone out by herself. I think I have it. I think this is her growing up. She's only THREE. I really can't be having these feelings yet!
I need help.
At least we know I love my little girl. Maybe too much? :)

7 comments:

Katie said...

Awwwwwwwwww! She's so lucky to have you as a mommy!

Marcia said...

You can never love a girl too much . . . . . I wish you were MY mom.

Aunt Marcia

Brenda Goodrich said...

I felt that same way every day of my life when one of my children was absent from the rest of us. And when they were home and I wasn't. I think it's normal momma behavior. For some strange reason, I stopped feeling this way when they went away to college:)

You're too cute for words and so is your family.

Lindsay Adams said...

I'm sorry I put you into a tailspin. But she did have a tone of fun. And don't worry you still have plenty of time before she is all grown up. PS You're a great mom!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I agree with Katie. You are a great Mom and she surely is lucky to have you.

dockters said...

I get a pit in my stomach every time I think about sending Sam to kindergarten!! So I totally get it.

And Megs is one of the cutest girls ever!!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

haha she is just your little girl!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus