Thursday, January 19, 2012

Derrick

That Derrick-boy. I'm slightly obsessed with him.
He is seriously such a happy, mellow kid.
Derrick got his first tooth this week! It's on the bottom. I'd take a picture, but he won't let me near his face, not to mention you can barely see it.
Derrick is trying to walk. He can stand himself up in the middle of the room, with no help, and then take a couple steps. That's all though. Only a couple of steps, then he chickens out. I thought for sure he'd be my earliest walker, considering he was my earliest crawler, but no, he's fine taking his time.
Derrick loves Carter. He seriously lights up whenever Carter is in the room. He thinks Carter is the ultimate, and Carter is really good to him too.
Derrick has also discovered the wonder of balloons and balls this past week. He loves to crawl around after the balls and hit them, roll them, and throw them. Definitely a boy.
I'm so glad he's in my life. I can't believe he's almost one!! Ahhhh. I'm not ready for that yet.

2 comments:

The Boyce's said...

Holy Goodness!!! I can't believe how big he is! I still picture him as the little baby he was last time I saw him! He's SOO handsome! Seriously! WAY cute!!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I just love his big brown eyes, Cassidy. He's at such a great age. Fun that he loves CArter, too.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus